Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Padilla Miami
Big Maduro 10:24 PM 01-02-2012
Any one have an opinion of the Padilla Miami in Churchill vitola? I've heard a lot about these sticks but not sure which size to go with.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:19 PM 01-02-2012
I have the robustos, and find them delicious, I worry that going any wider might be too much :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:37 AM 01-03-2012
I have enjoyed many of these in several different sizes. My favorite was the corona gorda, but it is not available any more. I had never had the Churchill until Longknocker gave me a couple. I had one recently and really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:12 AM 01-03-2012
Only Padilla I Enjoy!:-) Doesn't Seem To Matter To Me Which Vitola I Pick Up; I Like Them All!:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 05:16 AM 01-03-2012
In my opinion, Padilla's quality has gone down. The 1932's are ok, but they were much better when Pepin rolled them.
[Reply]
Silound 07:11 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
In my opinion, Padilla's quality has gone down. The 1932's are ok, but they were much better when Pepin rolled them.
I happen to agree that there was a period where they were pretty bad, but the last rounds of Padillas I've looked at and bought were all superbly blended and had great flavor (even if I didn't care for the blend that much, I still found them flavorful).

The rolling, however, sometimes leaves me wondering. They chunnel, tunnel, cherry, burn, canoe, screw, and otherwise don't smoke straight worth a darn. Taste good though.
[Reply]
Flounder 02:19 PM 01-03-2012
I loved the 1932 as well, I haven't had a stick canoe on me in god knows how long...
[Reply]
Ogre 02:22 PM 01-03-2012
I have enjoyed the Miami's I have smoked.
[Reply]
dave 02:32 PM 01-04-2012
In order of preference:

Corona
Lancero - Just slightly behind corona

the rest aren't even close to the small RG's above
rob
church
toro
salomon - huge, bland disappointment -- so much promise and so little taste

don't think I've had the torp
[Reply]