Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Viaje Holiday Blend '11
SteelCityBoy 05:38 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Lots of "negative comments" about this years Holiday Blend. Gonna wait awhile before I smoke some of mine.
What has been your experience with these before Mac (or anyone else who cares to share)? I am curious to know your thoughts because I actually had considered buying some of the 2011 versions. I smoked the 2010 Christmas day and it just tasted like cedar and some spice all the way through. Are they usually much different?
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:18 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
What has been your experience with these before Mac (or anyone else who cares to share)? I am curious to know your thoughts because I actually had considered buying some of the 2011 versions. I smoked the 2010 Christmas day and it just tasted like cedar and some spice all the way through. Are they usually much different?
They are usually "spice bombs"...flavorfull, but not very complex. Pretty one dimesnional..all spice, which I love. With a few months on them...they are still spicy but the flavors are much more pronounced. That has been my experience with the 2009 & 2010 release. But, the Skull 'N Bones were the same way and now I don't enjoy any of the red banded ones. I am really hoping Andre didn't mess up a good thing here because these were in my "top 3" sticks of all time.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 04:58 AM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
They are usually "spice bombs"...flavorfull, but not very complex. Pretty one dimesnional..all spice, which I love. With a few months on them...they are still spicy but the flavors are much more pronounced. That has been my experience with the 2009 & 2010 release. But, the Skull 'N Bones were the same way and now I don't enjoy any of the red banded ones. I am really hoping Andre didn't mess up a good thing here because these were in my "top 3" sticks of all time.
I guess that was pretty much my experience with it...

For some reason I had it built up in my mind a different way and then when I smoked it, it just didn't seem to hit the spot I had envisioned. I may just grab that fiver I wanted and try them again. I am generally not huge spice fan, just like the right amount so perhaps that's what threw me off. Either way, when you do burn yours, I hope you enjoy brother! :-)
[Reply]
danreeve 03:19 PM 12-27-2011
Smoked one 2011. Thought it was all power and no flavor after the first inch or so. Disappointing because I really like the other holiday releases.

Dan
[Reply]
cigardan 11:56 AM 12-28-2011
I think I may have one of the 2011 torps on NYE.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 12:04 PM 12-28-2011
Just got a fiver and they smell like they need a little rest. I may light one up this weekend. I usually like the holiday blend so I am hoping these are great.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 01:24 PM 12-28-2011
I may pick up a couple of these from my local B&M, smoke one right away and let the other rest...
[Reply]
FretSpot 11:54 AM 01-07-2012
I had one fresh a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic.

I know my local place has them in stock - www.justforhim.com.
[Reply]
jsnake 01:57 PM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by FretSpot:
I had one fresh a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic.

I know my local place has them in stock - www.justforhim.com.
Shut up Donovan. Keep spreading the word and none of us locally will be able to get any. :-)

Christian is a great guy. Love stopping in there to talk with him. I still haven't picked any of these up yet. Normally I jump on each release with at least a couple to a fiver. Holiday Blend is one of my favorite cigars. I put myself on a buying freeze to smoke what I have already and to pay off some bills. This is killing me though knowing more new stuff is coming.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up