Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Rica corona
Don Fernando 10:16 AM 11-24-2010
A few years ago I bought a La Rica robusto at Huis Verloo in Antwerp. Last march I went back to Antwerp for a herf and with the pleasant memory of the La Rica in mind I bought a tubo of all available sizes, including this La Rica corona. I paid a reasonable price of € 5.50

The tubo has a bright yellow color with black letters. Once I open the tubo and look at the 5¼ x 42 cigar I notice that the smooth wrapper is quite light colored. The cigar has a medium strong wood smell. The construction feels a bit tight and the predraw is a bit harder than what I like. I taste raisin and pepper.

I taste wood with a mild sweet feeling to it. The sweetness disappears after about an inch.

Halfway the wood gets accompanied by some earth and somewhat later I also taste some herbs. After ⅔ the cigar gets both sweet and spicy.

This cigar lasted me an hour. Even though the draw was hard I got enough smoke from the cigar. The burn is good and the white ash is firm. This cigar is medium bodied and medium to full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, this was a disappointment

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:17 AM 11-24-2010
Sorry to hear it sucked. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 02:55 PM 11-24-2010
Very nice burn and ash. Shame it sucked.
[Reply]
Up