Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Quick Tat Face review
Matt-N-Ga 07:46 PM 10-24-2010
Last night I invited AWsmith4 over to the house to hang out by the bon-fire. Decided it would be a great chance to smoke The Face.

I'll start by saying this is my first one, and it has been resting in my humi at 63% humidity.

This cigar is a big boy for sure. After clipping the head, even with the closed foot, the draw was free and slightly sweet.

The light was uneventful. The first thing I noticed was a decidedly muted spiciness, nothing like the usual spice kick Tats tend to give.

This stick smoked very cool. It was medium-full in body for a majority of the smoke. The biggest thing I noticed was the construction. The ash held for nearly 2 inches, even when we were throwing more wood on the fire, the ash held on. The burn line was dead straight, and I experienced none of the wrapper cracks that some others have experienced.

The flavor was very nice. The Mexican wrapper was the star of the show though. The sweetness was very nice, and the blend of the filler was a great compliment to the wrapper.

in the last 3rd, I did start to notice just a bit of a nicotine kick. Other than that, a very smooth smoke.

I definatly recommend this cigar. Nothing to be scared of. Since I haven't smoked my Frank yet (only one I have) I can't say if The Face is the best yet, but it is better than The Drac, by a mile, and better, IMHO than the La Verite line. A must try smoke.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:05 PM 10-24-2010
Thanks For The Great Review, Matt!:-)
[Reply]
hscmit 08:06 PM 10-24-2010
nice review
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:13 PM 10-24-2010
Great Review Matt!! Can't wait to light up my first on Saturday.
[Reply]
x man 08:36 AM 10-29-2010
Now your talkin
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:11 AM 10-29-2010
I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this cigar. Thanks again for the gift Matt :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 09:16 AM 10-29-2010
Torching my first one Sunday. Can't wait! Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:19 AM 10-29-2010
Nice review.....sounds like a solid smoke. How long did it take you to finish it?
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:22 AM 10-29-2010
Nice review. I got my mitts on a few and am looking forward to giving them a try.
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 05:57 PM 10-31-2010
[quote=jmsremax;1041337]Nice review.....sounds like a solid smoke. How long did it take you to finish it?[/QUOTE

That's hard to judge. usually when me and awsmith4 get together, it involves 3 cigars, lots of beer and bourbon, and me forgetting that the clock exists, but my estimate (and I'm a fast smoker, have to pace my self by breathing) I'd say 1.5 or so.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 06:04 PM 10-31-2010
:-) :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 07:07 PM 11-02-2010
Smoked one of these tonight. Second half was very smooth on the nose exhale and full of flavor. I enjoyed it enough that I plan to pick up atleast one more.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:22 PM 11-02-2010
Cigars, beer and bourbon....that's like 3 of the greatest things in the world. I've been hesitant to smoke my Face, only because it seems this cigar burns for 1.5 to nearly 2 hours. Definitely a bit longer than I like to spend smoking. Good review though.
[Reply]
docdoty 09:52 PM 11-02-2010
Love the revew. I keep hearing about this cigar but can't seem to find them online anywhere. Where can I purchase some of these seemingly fantastic sticks.
[Reply]
TNT009 10:46 PM 11-02-2010
Had my first tonite and its the smoothest cigar Ive had all year, even til the end it never became harsh!
Attached: photo.jpg (122.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Up