Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>What is the best cigar lighter in the world?
flashgod 06:42 AM 12-08-2023
Hello, cigar aficionados! As we all know, a great cigar experience isn't just about the cigar – it's also about the lighter. I've been using a basic lighter for a while, but I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade. S.T. Dupont lighters are often mentioned as top-notch, but I'm wondering what else is out there.

Have you guys tried any lighters that rival the quality of Dupont Lighters? I'm looking for something reliable, easy to use, and maybe a bit unique in design. It doesn't have to be super fancy or expensive, just something that does the job well and adds a bit of flair to the experience.

I've seen lighters with some neat features like windproof flames, built-in cigar punches, and even some with digital displays. What's in your pocket when you're ready to light up? Do you go for the classic and elegant, or something more modern and high-tech?

Also, any tips on lighter maintenance? I've heard that keeping your lighter in top condition is key for the best lighting experience.

Let's start a discussion! Share your favorite lighter brands, models, and why you love them. Can't wait to hear your recommendations and stories!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:28 AM 12-08-2023
:-)
[Reply]
markem 12:58 PM 12-08-2023
Lots of lighters with as good of quality as Duponts. You don't want fancy, so why Dupont.

The quality of the lighter isn't the case. Take that away and many lighters are basically a Dupont.
[Reply]
shark 01:40 PM 12-08-2023
On sunny days I use a magnifying glass and the sun to light my cigars
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:51 PM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by shark:
On sunny days I use a magnifying glass and the sun to light my cigars
#Baller
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:02 PM 12-08-2023
Alec Bradley kettle, just because it works great outdoors on my back patio.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:01 AM 12-09-2023
Don't think I've spent more than $3 on a lighter in years. Buy 10 Eagle torches for $25 and that should last me 18 months. I'm good with averaging $16 a year on lighters.
[Reply]
MaytagMan 01:53 PM 12-09-2023
As long as fire comes when the button is pushed, I am all good.

I have one of those giant Lotus flip-top table lighters that I have used for years. It was branded and had a black coating on it - I got it in a bomb way back when. Most of the coating has rubbed off, it is scarred, and the lid is a little loose, but it still lights every time.

I have a drawer full of other lighters and such too, and I usually have a Bic or two around we well.

Now I do have a DuPont fountain pen, but that is a whole other problem that I have... lolol
[Reply]
longknocker 04:53 PM 12-09-2023
Vector Thundra. Bring It To Every Herf And It's Never Failed Over The Last 10+ Years!:-):-)
https://vectorkgm.com/official/thundra-lighter/
[Reply]
T.G 09:17 PM 12-10-2023
I love my Cobra oxy-acetylene torch. Nothing else quite compares.
[Reply]
Brian D. 08:38 AM 12-11-2023
Most cigar smokers I know sound like a lot of what's been posted here so far: They'd rather focus spending their money on cigars, more so than lighters. So many reliable flames out there that cost a maximum of $20. Honestly, I'd rather have four $5 lighters than one for $20.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:19 PM 12-11-2023
Anything inexpensive but with a lifetime warranty. Lotus and Palio come to mind. Any model will work but prefer double or triple torch.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:42 AM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Don't think I've spent more than $3 on a lighter in years. Buy 10 Eagle torches for $25 and that should last me 18 months. I'm good with averaging $16 a year on lighters.
We use the same lighter, lol. They last me quite a while. They're my carry around lighter. Pretty sure the last one lasted me a year. Current one probably won't - it's getting wonky after 6 months.

Don't know about the best lighter in the world, but my favorite is the old Prince PB-207. Picked up my first one back in the Jungle. There were several group buys on them way back then. I still have three of them and they just keep on truckin'.
[Reply]
Brandon 02:07 PM 12-12-2023
The prince pocket torch I bought in 2000 lasted me over 15 years before failing.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:09 PM 12-12-2023
Dunhill and Davidoff are of the same quality and I think in some eras/models are made by the same company.

If you want save money, but a used Dupont/Davidoff/Dunhill on Craigslist and have it serviced if needed. They all end up leaking, so expect a service every 4-5 years.

The Dupont's can be finicky with the refills.

If used is too much, just buy a fake Dupont. You won't be able to tell the difference other than the material content if even that is different.
[Reply]
MaytagMan 10:33 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Dunhill and Davidoff are of the same quality and I think in some eras/models are made by the same company.

If you want save money, but a used Dupont/Davidoff/Dunhill on Craigslist and have it serviced if needed. They all end up leaking, so expect a service every 4-5 years.

The Dupont's can be finicky with the refills.

If used is too much, just buy a fake Dupont. You won't be able to tell the difference other than the material content if even that is different.

A buddy turned me on to a guy in the Netherlands who services and sells vintage lighters - Dupont, Cartier, Dunhill, etc. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I've been looking. His IG is @the_lighterhouse
[Reply]
icehog3 08:13 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
We use the same lighter, lol. They last me quite a while. They're my carry around lighter. Pretty sure the last one lasted me a year. Current one probably won't - it's getting wonky after 6 months.

Don't know about the best lighter in the world, but my favorite is the old Prince PB-207. Picked up my first one back in the Jungle. There were several group buys on them way back then. I still have three of them and they just keep on truckin'.
I loved those PB 207s, Bill. Do you think the ones they make/sell now are the same quality as the ones from the Club Stogie days?
[Reply]
T.G 10:08 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by MaytagMan:
A buddy turned me on to a guy in the Netherlands who services and sells vintage lighters - Dupont, Cartier, Dunhill, etc. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I've been looking. His IG is @the_lighterhouse
I know a guy who operates out of a '92 gray chevy panel van with obscured license plates who sells vintage dupont lighters too. They are right next to the stack of car stereos.

What a coincidence.
[Reply]
stearns 10:16 AM 12-13-2023
I use a Bic, but I obviously have the Davidoff Rose Gold cover for it. I'm not uncultured

[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:22 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I loved those PB 207s, Bill. Do you think the ones they make/sell now are the same quality as the ones from the Club Stogie days?
That's a good question. Are the new ones still made in Japan? Seems like quality is an ever declining concept today, but who knows?

I dug my three old PBs out and they all still work fine. One is old enough it doesn't even have the flip-up safety lever on it. Found some other lighters and punches I hadn't seen for a while too. I seriously need to clean out the drawer on the Aristocrat. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up