Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Experiments in images
markem 02:41 PM 10-12-2023
Hi All!

We are conducting an experiment to see if increasing the size of uploaded files is of benefit to our users. Please let me/us know if there are any issues.

While CA requests that uploaded images not be overly large, we are away that some platforms makes resizing difficult.

CA reserves the right to resize or remove your image.
[Reply]
shark 02:42 PM 10-12-2023
I just link to Imgur. No load on the server or hitting data limits. Or is that incorrect?
[Reply]
markem 03:18 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by shark:
I just link to Imgur. No load on the server or hitting data limits. Or is that incorrect?
You are most correct!
[Reply]
MaytagMan 03:58 PM 10-12-2023
I've been using imgbb since back when Photobucket went rouge
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:57 PM 10-12-2023
Now that I know how to upload photos to IMGUR and have it resize them to "forum size" I no longer worry that I'm going to upload something huge.
[Reply]
shark 05:20 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Now that I know how to upload photos to IMGUR and have it resize them to "forum size" I no longer worry that I'm going to upload something huge.

Much appreciated! :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:37 PM 10-12-2023
Okay, now that you know how can you please tell me. Thanks!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:14 PM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Okay, now that you know how can you please tell me. Thanks!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Sure thing! When you're at the "Add Images" page you'll see this:

Select the down arrow by "Auto Resize" and it will give you several options. Select the "message boards" size.

Every photo you upload during that session will automatically be resized at that resolution. It doesn't save that as a preference, however, so the next time you go to upload photos you'll need to select that option again.

@Markem, I hope you don't mind the minor thread-jacking.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:22 PM 10-12-2023
Your thoughts intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Honestly I didn’t know you could do this. Going to look into that.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:49 AM 10-13-2023
That's how I do it too, James. Thank you for posting the tutorial!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:06 AM 10-13-2023
:-)
[Reply]
markem 09:22 AM 10-13-2023
@Markem, I hope you don't mind the minor thread-jacking.
No jacking occurring. This is fantastic information.
[Reply]
markem 03:13 AM 10-17-2023
Okay, no way to auto resize images with VBulletin, so inmates will just have to resize on their own. I've always used irfanview, but that is limited to PCs. Using imgur.com with the resizing shown above works great for any platform.

If you copy the BB Code for a pic, you just past that line into your post and ... voila!

Many thanks to James for posting the tutorial.
[Reply]
Up