Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Colibri Rant
bigswol2 04:30 PM 03-22-2010
I'm just wanted a forum in which to vent my frustration. Why would you after a lengthy conversation tell me to send my virtually unused Trifecta in for repair with an enclosed check for a paltry 7.50. Leave me feeling like my lighter is going to be fixed and returned in three weeks or so... only to send me an invoice for 60.00 dollars for a replacement lighter due to unavailable parts to fix mine. Colibri Stinks!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:38 PM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by bigswol2:
Colibri Stinks!
And has for many years now.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 04:41 PM 03-22-2010
:-)
[Reply]
captain53 04:45 PM 03-22-2010
And Colibri went broke too.:-)

$2.96

• Refillable
• Windproof - Great For Sailing And Golf
• Adjustable Flame
• Child Resistant
• Superior Quality
• Excellent For Pipes & Cigars
• One Year Warranty
Attached:
[Reply]
jdakine 04:45 PM 03-22-2010
The ones I have had and died, go straight into the trash. I will not buy another Colibri as I could spend $7 on a cheep lighter and have it last about the same time before it breaks down. :-)

My Extends have been great:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:03 PM 03-22-2010
I bought a Colibri lighter once.

ONCE. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 05:06 PM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

Same here and it was a pile of ****.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:07 PM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:

[Reply]
massphatness 05:09 PM 03-22-2010

My father hung me on a hook once.

ONCE
[Reply]
massphatness 05:10 PM 03-22-2010
d'oh! :-)
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 05:17 PM 03-22-2010
:-) --->Colibri
[Reply]
okieRob 06:03 PM 03-22-2010
Sorry to hear about your issues.

Thanks for letting us know about your frustration. Personally I've never had a colibri and never will. I have a co-worker that tells a story about a brand new lighter that he had to send in for repair. When he got it back it still didn't work.

[Reply]
Blueface 06:17 PM 03-22-2010
Sorry to hear but...................

The laughter is that I have yet to meet someone that has had a Colibri long term, with little to no issues.
Every one I have had has taken a dump and they were $100 + lighters.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 07:20 PM 03-22-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:

The laughter is that I have yet to meet someone that has had a Colibri long term, with little to no issues.
Wellll, my Colibri torch lighters sucked, however, I have two or three Colibri Morpheous's (pipe & cigar lighter in one) and they all have been working great...that's the one that if you press the button one way you get a 45 degree soft flame to light a pipe and if you press it the other way you get a small torch for a cigar...
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:21 PM 03-22-2010

I think Dustin has the only one good Colibri ever made. I've made the mistake of purchasing three over the years and they were all garbage.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 08:10 PM 03-22-2010
Mine must have been a lemon because it did actually work.

I carried this thing around for a couple years. All the paint was warn off from rubbing against keys in my pocket, and it worked like a champ every time. And then I lost it. :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 08:25 PM 03-22-2010
I have two. One was bought in '97, the second in early '07. Both work flawlessly (I do use Blazer fuel).

I guess I have to count myself lucky.
[Reply]
Tripp 08:28 PM 03-22-2010
I think mine must be a lemon too. I've had a Colibri Firebird for about 2 years, and its been working great the entire time...... Though it is the 3rd Colibri I had, and has outlasted the others 10 fold.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:32 PM 03-22-2010
Patrick... that is so wrong!

Have you tried the Z-Plus insert you won at the herf at your house? Not a bad lighter (once you get the zippo case for it.) :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 09:04 PM 03-22-2010

I've got a Colibri Vortex 2 that I've had for 3 years now that's never given me any issues. Lights every time on the first or second click. It was my primary lighter for the forst 2 years, but now that's gone over to my EverTorch.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up