Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Wanting a new lighter
DropTheE 09:42 AM 03-19-2010
Hi Guys,
New to this forum, first post!! Just so happens I bought two lighters last week. One is the vector deluxe and it is a table top with the two flame ports. Jet and soft, very cool but not really a pocket lighter.

The other one is the Bugatti B-1 and I got it for 10.00 with the purchase of a 20 bunch of tierra del sol's. I bought them on the CI website, and they are still having the special as of this morning. The total price was under 50.00 including shipping and the lighter (now we all know retail to not really be the way to gauge anything but it does retail at 100.00 and sells on the website alone for 50.00. So you can look at it as getting some everyday sticks and a REALLY good lighter. It is a single jet flame and the lighter is heavy. Feels good in the pocket and it toasts cigars nicely. So do a search on the CI website for tierra del sol's and you will see the option to buy the cigars and the lighter together. Hope this helps.

This morning I couldn't stand it anymore and bought a Lexington Cabinet humidor, I am so stoked. (Just had to tell someone!!)

I am pretty new to cigars, about 8 months now. I usually keep about 100 smokes in my current humidor and now that I have a bigger storage facility on the way, I will be excited to start buying box quantity.
I really enjoy cigars, it gives me something to do when I am walking the dog!!:-)
Since I am new I have been exploring different blends and brands and am having alot of fun with it. I have developed a passion for them, I enjoy just looking at the glasstop humidor and seeing the pretty maids all in row, and I start getting that little extra saliva on the sides of my cheek and my heart races a little just thinking about the next one I get to enjoy!!

This is a great site and I look forward to looking at some of the posts and inputting when I can. I am sure that there are alot of people on this site with tons of experience and I look forward to utilizing some of that knowledge.

Have a great day everyone!!
[Reply]
68TriShield 09:46 AM 03-19-2010
Welcome,we have a New Inmate forum for intro threads.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:47 AM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
Hi Guys, New to this forum, first post!! ... Have a great day everyone!!
You should go visit the New Inmate Processing Area and post and introduction so everyone can get to know you better.

Also, if you need some beads for your new humidor, please feel free to contact me :-)
[Reply]
DropTheE 09:57 AM 03-19-2010
Thanks! Heading over to the new inmate area!!
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 10:17 AM 03-19-2010
anything Xikar. I have 4 Xikar's(two Trezo's, one Element, and the new table model) and I'm happy with all 4. Vector also makes good lighters, I have three of those and they have been good to me.
[Reply]
longknocker 10:41 AM 03-19-2010
Never Had A Problem With My Vector Or Xikar Over 3 Years!
[Reply]
taltos 07:28 PM 03-19-2010
I will put in another vote for the Blazer PB207. Works great and looks different, it will get attention due to its looks. This is a case where function rules over form. You will be happy with it. In addition I agree with the suggestions to use Vector fuel, I will add Lava to the suggestions. Clean fuel will really prevent problems with your lighter and you might as well start out right. If you get into the position where you want a table lighter, I suggest the Vector Thundra triple flame and the Rocky Patel 5 flame. Both are fairly priced and both do their jobs well. Hope that this helps.:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 07:30 PM 03-19-2010
Another vote for the Xtend or PB-207! :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:47 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I am a fan of the Lotus lighters -- they seem to do really well for the price. It probably makes a difference what kind of lighter you want (torch or soft flame, if torch, how many flames, etc.).

This one is a triple torch and has a decent punch on the bottom:

+2 for the lotus. Really good lighters for the money.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:07 PM 03-19-2010
THIS

http://www.cigarextras.com/browsepro...r-Lighter.HTML
[Reply]
Snapperhead 09:03 PM 03-19-2010
I hate to say it........I love the Xikar's and need to get another one....but I have a Colibri Reload and I love that thing to death. Huge Gas window and perfect flame with wind protection.
[Reply]
Christoff 10:53 PM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Yeah, I must admit, that Ghengis Kahn is a great mongolian commie lighter...Elderboy gave me one and it works great! Sometimes it keeps on working it you press the eject all fluid release slide feature (black slide button in the front).
This has me intrigued, to what lighter are you referring to specifically. Drop a link to it if you can. Or are you referring to a suggestion that has already been posted if so which one?
Thanks
[Reply]
Thrak 11:30 AM 03-21-2010
This is a really good lighter so far... I got it on a joecigar deal for $25 shipped and I'm VERY pleased!

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...BUGLIT2&cat=13

A little difficult to refill, but it has a huge tank compared to the ronson, and the punch comes in handy too.

Very hefty and has an extremely high quality feel.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up