Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Question about my palio
Ty Atkinson 11:47 PM 03-10-2010
Got one of the carbon fiber covered cutters on a deal here not too long ago, honestly it doesnt seem to cut very well pinches the cigar pretty good acts very similar to my 2 dollar cutter from a local b&m, has anyone else had problems with a palio?
Should i contact the company to send it in and get another one?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:00 AM 03-11-2010
I have a black palio that is awesome. If you dont tinhk yours is not up to Palio standards, send it in!
[Reply]
e-man67 06:49 AM 03-11-2010
I have a carbon one as well...got for Christmas...it is not very sharp at all and does the same as you say...I wouldn't buy another.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:49 AM 03-11-2010
I have a Burlwood and a Black one and they both cut like a champ. You aren't "dragging" your cut are you? By that I mean it should be one swift clip and not hesitating in the middle of the cut, which will cause you to pinch your stick. If not, send it back...Palio has AWESOME customer service.
[Reply]
Ender 06:56 AM 03-11-2010
My Palio regular, non carbon fiber, never gives me a problem. Even if I "drag" it the cut goes through like butter. Good point in general about the "dragging" though.
I'd send it in to get them to check it out. I hear lots of positive feedback about replacements.
[Reply]
nater 07:04 AM 03-11-2010
Yep, one quick clip. The best cutter in the world will pooch a cut if you hesitate. It sounds like you are sending it in... Let us know what they say!
[Reply]
pnoon 07:11 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I have a Burlwood and a Black one and they both cut like a champ. You aren't "dragging" your cut are you? By that I mean it should be one swift clip and not hesitating in the middle of the cut, which will cause you to pinch your stick. If not, send it back...Palio has AWESOME customer service.
This is more common than a dull or defective cutter. Another common "operator error" is pulling away (even slightly) before the cut is complete. This will result in a ragged cut. Every once in a while, I still do this.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:13 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
This is more common than a dull or defective cutter. Another common "operator error" is pulling away (even slightly) before the cut is complete. This will result in a ragged cut. Every once in a while, I still do this.
Peter...same here brother!!! :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 07:15 AM 03-11-2010
:-)
:-) That is the same reaction I have when I am sloppy with my cut.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:23 AM 03-11-2010
Peter...same here brother!!! :-)
Noobs. :-)

:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
e-man67 08:13 AM 03-11-2010
Maybe I am doing this...not sure
[Reply]
Whee 08:37 AM 03-11-2010
Be careful not to cut too much cigar. I do this every now and then and I will pinch the cigar and get a bad cut.

Otherwise, I have the carbon and burlwood and they both cut like champs.
[Reply]
AngryBill 08:44 AM 03-11-2010
I use one brand of cutter. Palio. Simply it is the best cutter around. Cuts perfectly everytime, has been washed several times by mistake and still cuts excellent. If there was a defect, these have a lifetime warrantee and the owners of BOTL, LLC are members on this board.

And I have 5 Palios. Can never have too many! Burlwood, BLack, Carbon Fiber (my favorite), Esencia Logo, Gold.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:47 AM 03-11-2010
Also, if your cigars are a little on the dry side they will not cut as well either -- regardless of what kind of cutter you use.
[Reply]
junkinduck 07:55 PM 03-11-2010
Love my burlwood cutter. I have found you must commit to the cut and I just trim the cap and try not to cut much filler.
[Reply]
AD720 07:59 PM 03-11-2010
Put your thumb in the thumb hole and put your index finger on the "horn". That helped me a lot.
[Reply]
Razorhog 08:18 PM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Be careful not to cut too much cigar. I do this every now and then and I will pinch the cigar and get a bad cut.
:-) You only want to cut off the very end - just basically shaving it. My Palio cuts great! When I was using a cheap cutter, even a good shallow cut would tear or pinch.

Oh, and welcome to the Asylum!
[Reply]
Ty Atkinson 08:14 PM 03-22-2010
Sorry about the late reply guys,

Contacted customer service which was advised that they would resolve the problem promptly and too my satisfaction no questions asked.

My problem was not the cutter, it was said above hesitation with the cut slowly trying to cut etc, without hesitation its perfect!

Thanks to you all!
[Reply]
Ranger_B 08:37 PM 03-22-2010
I am glad to see another customer happy with the customer service at palio. I have three of their cutters and counting and they all cut wonderfully. These are the only cutters I use. As with any cutter they take time to find the way to get the best cut for you. And the practice is the best part.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:40 PM 03-22-2010
I love happy endings! :-)

Originally Posted by Ty Atkinson:
Sorry about the late reply guys,

Contacted customer service which was advised that they would resolve the problem promptly and too my satisfaction no questions asked.

My problem was not the cutter, it was said above hesitation with the cut slowly trying to cut etc, without hesitation its perfect!

Thanks to you all!

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up