Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidification Device Won't Stay On...
KenyanSandBoa 09:07 PM 02-20-2010
Ok...I'm getting tired of having to keep reapplying one of the humidification devices on my humi. The sticky magnets will NOT stay on. :-)

I've tried pressing them on as hard as I could without risking cracking the top of the cover. I was thinking about roughing up the cedar by where the magnets attach and roughing up the sticky pad so there would be some texture for the magnets to adhere.

I figured an adhesive would be a bit risky, but does anyone have any ideas to adhere these things for the long term?

I attached a pic of the humi open so the underside of the cover is showing so everyone can see what part I'm talking about.
Attached: Treasure Dome 2.jpg (87.3 KB) 
[Reply]
icehog3 09:10 PM 02-20-2010
I would suggest getting a small tube of humidity beads and sh*tcanning your current device. The tube would take up the space of 1 or 2 cigars.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:39 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I would suggest getting a small tube of humidity beads and sh*tcanning your current device. The tube would take up the space of 1 or 2 cigars.
:-) I had 3 Treasure Domes and the humidifiers are crap. I replaced one of them with humidity beads before I sold it, but I never got them to stick to the lid. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:47 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
:-) I had 3 Treasure Domes and the humidifiers are crap. I replaced one of them with humidity beads before I sold it, but I never got them to stick to the lid. :-)
:-) Gotta agree with 'em here Jim. :-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 10:16 PM 02-20-2010
Thanks everyone!!

I was planning on adding those beads...I just figured it would have been worth keeping those on just in case.

I have a puck of beads in my other humi, and I love that thing...maybe one of those will do the trick...
[Reply]
marge796 11:11 PM 02-20-2010
Beads are the way to go!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
saggel 04:27 AM 02-21-2010
I've gone for beads myself too!
[Reply]
MTBAlex 11:58 AM 02-21-2010
Beads here too. it makes it easy.
[Reply]
captain53 12:27 PM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
:-) Gotta agree with 'em here Jim. :-)

:-)
ME Too!!! Beads beads and more beads - never too many. I like Shilala Beads Best.:-)
[Reply]
T.G 12:35 PM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
Ok...I'm getting tired of having to keep reapplying one of the humidification devices on my humi. The sticky magnets will NOT stay on. :-)

I've tried pressing them on as hard as I could without risking cracking the top of the cover. I was thinking about roughing up the cedar by where the magnets attach and roughing up the sticky pad so there would be some texture for the magnets to adhere.

I figured an adhesive would be a bit risky, but does anyone have any ideas to adhere these things for the long term?
If you really want to use the credos in the lid, get some "plain" Gorilla Glue and use it to stick the magnets or velcro to the lid.

But you're probably better off with a tube of beads. Credos do work, but we have the technology (beads) why not use it? More accurate, less problems.
[Reply]
okieRob 01:22 PM 02-21-2010
If you have never used gorilla glue - be careful that stuff can make a big mess when it foams up. However, it is some tough stuff.

Personally I would try some 5 minute epoxy. Just make sure you leave the lid open for a few days so it cures out and doesn't stink up the humi.
[Reply]
irklak 01:53 PM 02-21-2010
+1 for the beads.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:15 PM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by okieRob:
If you have never used gorilla glue - be careful that stuff can make a big mess when it foams up. However, it is some tough stuff.

Personally I would try some 5 minute epoxy. Just make sure you leave the lid open for a few days so it cures out and doesn't stink up the humi.
Why go through the bother when you can have beads in a few days, and not have to find alternative storage for your cigars while the humidor "airs out"?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:23 PM 02-21-2010
They shouldn't even be placed on the lid. Who knows why they do this. Humidity rises. They should be in bottom of the humidor.
[Reply]
T.G 03:05 PM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
They shouldn't even be placed on the lid. Who knows why they do this. Humidity rises. They should be in bottom of the humidor.
Looks and ease of access & construction would be my guesses, although in such a small space, it hardly matters where the credos are located.
[Reply]
RGD. 03:57 PM 02-21-2010
Just to add another suggestion:

Keep the current device(s) but pop them open and change out the guts with beads. Then hot glue your magnets, etc in place. Sets fast and no air out time.

Ron
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 12:13 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by RGD.:
Just to add another suggestion:

Keep the current device(s) but pop them open and change out the guts with beads. Then hot glue your magnets, etc in place. Sets fast and no air out time.

Ron
Thats what I was thinking of doing. I figured if I could use that space, I might as well.

Is Shilala still selling beads? I thought I saw a "Last Bead Sale" note in his signature. Is there another place to get those beads?
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:07 PM 02-22-2010
Is Shilala still selling beads? I thought I saw a "Last Bead Sale" note in his signature. Is there another place to get those beads?
I am selling Shilala's beads (I bought his business from him).

One thing I have done is work to keep the prices the same as Scott had them...

I have a website www.shilalasbeads.com if you have any questions.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 09:11 AM 02-23-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I am selling Shilala's beads (I bought his business from him).

One thing I have done is work to keep the prices the same as Scott had them...

I have a website www.shilalasbeads.com if you have any questions.
Sweet...thanks!!

You have an order pending. :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 10:00 AM 02-23-2010
Sweet...thanks!!

You have an order pending. :-)
All that hassle for your box.....should went with the montague? :-)

And I see you already ordered the beads.....schweet!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up