Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Hygrometer
SSDVC 07:23 PM 03-25-2010
Has anyone drilled (YIKES) a hole in their Edgestar or Vino for an outside Hygrometer? I was thinking that would be a great way to monitor things without having to open her up all the time.

thoughts?
[Reply]
T.G 07:36 PM 03-25-2010
Put the hygro close enough to the glass door that you can read it without opening the door.

Or buy a wireless. You can get ones that will transmit temprature and humidity readings and the base reciever will monitor three remote transmitters.
[Reply]
NeuRon 07:59 PM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Or buy a wireless. You can get ones that will transmit temprature and humidity readings and the base reciever will monitor three remote transmitters.
Yes. Oregon Scientific.. I am actually selling one of my setups.. I have the base with 3 different stations. If interested, PM me.. Works pretty good, and it is great for not disturbing anything..
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:10 PM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
Yes. Oregon Scientific.. I am actually selling one of my setups.. I have the base with 3 different stations. If interested, PM me.. Works pretty good, and it is great for not disturbing anything..
:-)

I use these and they work very well.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:34 PM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
I had one for each of my mini-cabinets, and they worked great. :-)
[Reply]
SSDVC 06:54 AM 03-26-2010
Thanks for the info. I have a wireless station in use now. I will just add a sensor inside the 28 and see how it works.

However, has anyone tried to drill through the side of one of these fridges?
[Reply]
taltos 11:29 AM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
Thanks for the info. I have a wireless station in use now. I will just add a sensor inside the 28 and see how it works.

However, has anyone tried to drill through the side of one of these fridges?
There are almost no hygrometers that are designed to be flush mounted. Most of them have the sensor intakes on the front of the unit. There is one but I no longer have the url for the source since I had to change drives after the one with that url crapped out. If you do a search on taltos or fuente and hygrometer you should find that source. Sorry that I do not have the time to do the search for you. <edit> You never would have found the information on this board, it was on a previous genesis of this board. The vendor is www.elighters.com, with a phone number in Plano Texas of (972)422-2255. The name of the product is the Visol Hygrometer at the price of $24.95 and from reports it works very well. Hope that this information helps you out.
[Reply]
captain53 11:35 AM 03-26-2010
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
Has anyone drilled (YIKES) a hole in their Edgestar or Vino for an outside Hygrometer? I was thinking that would be a great way to monitor things without having to open her up all the time.

thoughts?
I have a wireless one in mine but you can stick-um mount one inside that is perfectly visible. I have a the standard $8 Walmart Acurite on the top shelf as a verifcation reading and it is very visible thru the glass.
[Reply]
taltos 11:48 AM 03-26-2010
You could also use double sided foam tape cut to size to mount a conventional hygrometer with the display facing outward on the door of your fridge and you would not risk compromising the insulating and cooling qualities of your fridge by not cutting a hole in the box. Hope this helps.
[Reply]
colinb913 06:19 AM 03-29-2010
i just double side taped mine to the inside of my humi, so I can see it right through the glass.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Up