Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Inexpensive beads?
Tashaz 06:03 PM 03-23-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
And the sheets are just as refillable as the beads, correct?
The sheets work exactly the same as the beads, they are the same material. I use small pieces as travel humidifiers in my bombs & they work just fine. I always have a few sheets in the Wineador, conditioning themselves.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 06:05 PM 03-23-2010
I need to get some sheets cuz I would look in the wineador.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
joeobx 07:30 PM 03-23-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
:-)
That is it in a nutsack . . . er . . . nutshell. :-)
Dam near made me spit beer on the screen:-)
[Reply]
captain53 07:40 PM 03-23-2010
Originally Posted by joeobx:
Dam near made me spit beer on the screen:-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
PadillaGuy 07:43 PM 03-23-2010
When I get in more sticks that I currently have room for in my humi's I store them in their cello's in Ziploc quart sized freezer bags which I leave slightly open. These I store in a latch closing "tupperware" container containing a CI ziploc bag (good to recycle...) which I've filled with TerraSorb crystals. These are moisture crystals intended for gardeners to keep water in their plants. I've found that I can keep a constant 70% with this system. I even put together one for my son when I gave him 30 or so smokes that I just wasn't thrilled by... for him, it was a windfall....

The crystals are about 15 bucks at a garden center. They absorb a **** load of H20 and hold their humidity for an extremely long time...

Might be worth a try...

PG
[Reply]
macsauce13 08:32 PM 03-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Maybe Scott or Dave will chime in here, but I believe that the basic premise was that will the litter products could absorb humidity, they couldn't release it, so one would still need a humidification "releasing" agent of some type (distilled water, gel, solution, etc) in their humidor. The beads perform both functions, releasing and/or absorbing as the need arises.

Personally, I am not going to try to save 10 bucks when it comes to caring for thousands of dollars worth of cigars...I want the very best, not an "economy" solution.
Again, I am speaking with very limited experience, but my understanding is that this kind in particular can release and absorb.
[Reply]
tupacboy 11:41 AM 03-24-2010
i've used both KL and Humidity beads... can't really tell the difference... for the KL i've used this one.. http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pet-Crys...9452290&sr=8-7

No problems with either one... the KL in my vinotemp stays rock steady at 68%... they carry this one as well... i havne't personally tried... but its basically the drymistat stuff... http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pet-Crys...9452290&sr=8-8

i have emailed the plant personally... the blue = just dye... no deorderizing...

both the pearls and the crystals... according to the plant...they maintain "freshness" by keeping a certain % of humidity... which I assume is the 68%... cause that's where mine stays..

again this is just based from my experience.... not scientific or anything
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up