Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva Connecticut - bad review of a good cigar
chippewastud79 12:42 PM 03-11-2009
Thanks to Ian for an opportunity to smoke this very tasty cigar. Also a great sunny and warm day for smoking helped the overall exprience :-)

I must confess I am terrible at reviews and my "ratings" are merely : "liked it, buy more" and "hated it, pitched it". This cigar would definitely be in my first category.

First off this cigar was constructed amazingly, no lighting, burn or smoking problems despite the fairly stong winds on my deck. Pre-light draw was slightly loose, but sweet tasting and suprisingly tightened up after the light.

Tastes were very good, slightly sweet, a little nutty and tasty despite a little initial burnt flavor from my over-toasting. Smoke was plentiful and very white. I would hardly consider the flavors mild, although there was little strength in my opinion.

I would definitely seek some more of these out, although I have yet to see them in any of my local B+M's as of yet. Good cigar, good flavor and another great cigar from the Oliva family of cigars.

Obligatory smoking buddies picture. Maui (blue brindle and white) and Macho (black and white). :-)

Thanks again to BengalMan for the cigar and opportunity to share my thoughts with all of you. :-)
[Reply]
Pat1075 01:05 PM 03-11-2009
Thanks for the review. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:07 PM 03-11-2009
How was that a bad review? :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 01:40 PM 03-11-2009
I've smoked a couple lonsdales and found them to be a great smoke. Good review Adam. Looks like you got some great smoking partners.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:44 PM 03-11-2009
Thanks for the review :-)
[Reply]
BlackIrish 02:33 PM 03-11-2009
Well done!
[Reply]
G G 04:18 PM 03-11-2009
Nice review.:-)
[Reply]
fissure 05:31 PM 03-11-2009
Any review is great with good pics of good looking dogs:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:17 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
How was that a bad review? :-)
It is a positive review, the reviewer is just not very good at reviewing :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 02:02 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
It is a positive review, the reviewer is just not very good at reviewing :-)
I thought it was good, covered all the basics. The only thing I would suggest (this was recommended to me in one of my first reviews) is to include the vitola. Who needs a fancy numbering system when all it really boils down to is whether you liked it or not?
[Reply]
mcmoyer 06:07 PM 03-12-2009
Nice review, great pictures...THANKS!!

:-)
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 06:50 PM 03-12-2009
Nicely done! :-) I hope to get my hands on some of these soon!
[Reply]
scooter 07:11 PM 03-12-2009
That was a good review. Love your smoking buddies, I have a couple of smoking buddies myself.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:29 PM 03-12-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I thought it was good, covered all the basics. The only thing I would suggest (this was recommended to me in one of my first reviews) is to include the vitola. Who needs a fancy numbering system when all it really boils down to is whether you liked it or not?
Hell, as many people can vouch for, I don't know vitolas, thats what the picture was for. :-) Robusto or Toro I believe is what they call that shape. :-)
[Reply]
adampc22 08:32 PM 03-12-2009
awesome dogs mate thay are baned here in the uk
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:48 PM 03-12-2009
Thanks...these are on my list!
[Reply]
Nabinger16 06:19 AM 03-13-2009
Great review, Bro! I've never been much for Connecticut wrappers, but since it's from Oliva I'll have to give it a try.

Gorgeous dogs man! My little smoking buddy is a 20 lbs Boston Terrier.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:53 AM 03-13-2009
Oliva's been making some good stuff lately. Definitely have joined the "big boys" of the industry. Nice review Adam.
[Reply]
Volt 08:00 AM 03-13-2009
Originally Posted by Nabinger16:
Great review, Bro! I've never been much for Connecticut wrappers, but since it's from Oliva I'll have to give it a try.

Gorgeous dogs man! My little smoking buddy is a 20 lbs Boston Terrier.
I'm with you. It seems lately most of the Connie wrappers I have smoked have been very harsh and not very flavorful. I will give this a try at some point as I do like the brand over all. Most everything gets at least one shot.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 11:59 AM 03-13-2009
This one is definitely worth "one shot", probably worth more. I have a torpedo I need to smoke as well. I will add the review/thoughts on that one if there are any other good notes to be said :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up