Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Good Eats>The new Dominos Pizza
Subvet642 08:56 AM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
You are definitely in the minority, bro.

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/menu-inno...domino-s-pizza

I think they are finally eatable. Not great but doable. Before, they were nothing but cardboard, tomato paste and petroleum based cheese. :-)

People order from chains because it's cheaper. That, and there may be no good independent shops in their area. There has never been a good shop where I live until a few years ago when a couple Paisans moved here and started an amazing authentic NY pizza joint.
Well, eastern Mass. is very densely populated and there are independent pizza shops on just about every corner. factor in the number of Italians and Italian-Americans, and chains don't stand a chance. The only exception to this IMHO is Bertucci's, but their chefs train in Italy. Chain stores come to Boston to die. Krispy Kreame lasted just about a year before they left.
[Reply]
T.G 08:59 AM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Chain stores come to Boston to die. Krispy Kreame lasted just about a year before they left.
How about KFC?
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:11 AM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
How about KFC?
That's a different thing, altogether:

Funny thing about your new avatar, those are two of my wife's favorite things: Carlo Rossi and Spam. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:25 AM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Funny thing about your new avatar, those are two of my wife's favorite things: Carlo Rossi and Spam. :-)
:-) Awesome!
[Reply]
Apoco 09:36 AM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
People order from chains because it's cheaper. That, and there may be no good independent shops in their area.
This.

About as "local" as we get is either Lupi's (which has become a chain in the south east) or an upscale italian restaurant downtown (if you're going to spend that much on a meal, don't get pizza :-)).

There was a local place called "Claydough's" that was the bee's knees, but it closed down :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
fxpose 12:03 PM 05-24-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
GUYS!! You misunderstood. This is not about pizza....it's about me being RIGHT! :-)
:-)
Attached: wrong_internet.jpg (10.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up