Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Good Eats>KFC Double Down
Mpython24 06:53 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Doubled down with diarrhea ... sounds good to me ... but I went to 5 guys instead today (love the burgers with fresh jalapenos) -- maybe tomorrow.
5 Guys does have the upper hand in this one. I'll take the big burger over the chicken on chicken sandwich.
[Reply]
willbreathes 03:34 PM 04-14-2010
Well, my buddy got one. No, "my buddy" is not code for me. Personally, not a fan of KFC, I do love me some Popeye's though.

His thoughts below:

Originally Posted by :
Mission Accomplished!

First off, let me say that where I am in West L.A. this bad boy is not even on the menu! So, special thanks to tube or I would've never found this heart-murdering monster. I was thinking maybe they didn't have them yet but I asked "do you guys have the double down" and the chick behind the counter smiled and said "oh yeah..."

Holy god this thing is nasty. I mean, it's delicious for a minute or two but then it just turns to a huge, greasy ball of crazy. There was way less bacon than there should have been, which was kind of dissapointing. The chicken was good and spicy, though... if a little soggy.

The "special" sauce is something along the lines of mustardy ranch.

I gotta say, I'm glad I did this.... because, done right, this could be a ****ing masterpiece and I intend to make my own version of the double down very soon.

Of course, this is KFC we're talking about... and they went straight up nastay:

[Reply]
OLS 10:43 AM 04-15-2010
Doesn't KFC understand that the bread is the item designed to protect your delicate upper palate from hot AND
extremely hard, crunchy crust? Derh. What's next a gravel parfait?
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:04 PM 04-15-2010
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Doubled down with diarrhea ... sounds good to me ... but I went to 5 guys instead today (love the burgers with fresh jalapenos) -- maybe tomorrow.
I love 5 Guys with fresh jalapenos! I always get it with extra jalapenos!

KFC, don't care to much for it, my least favorite chicken place.
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 01:45 PM 04-15-2010
just survived one...going to the gym later tonight.

Tasty though :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 01:59 PM 04-15-2010
Does this sammich come with a side of Lipitor, or is that an extra?
[Reply]
Powers 02:24 PM 04-15-2010
Chicken on chicken?!

Almost as good as girl on girl!

:-)
[Reply]
willbreathes 06:28 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Doesn't KFC understand that the bread is the item designed to protect your delicate upper palate from hot AND
extremely hard, crunchy crust? Derh. What's next a gravel parfait?
Now I am wondering how you eat just fried chicken. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:49 AM 04-30-2010
I ate two last night and they were AWESOME!
[Reply]
Darrell 10:58 AM 04-30-2010
Pass. :-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 11:45 AM 04-30-2010
Cheese on any kind of chicken sandwich just doesn't sound good to me. I'll definitly pass on this one. :-)
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 11:55 AM 04-30-2010
They should've done it big mac style and called it the triple down. One more piece of chicken in the middle would seal the deal.
[Reply]
Kreth 02:49 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
Cheese on any kind of chicken sandwich just doesn't sound good to me. I'll definitly pass on this one. :-)
Depends on the type of cheese. I like bleu, feta, and cheddar with chicken just fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 02:54 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Depends on the type of cheese. I like bleu, feta, and cheddar with chicken just fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-) plus mozzarella and monterey jack
[Reply]
Kreth 03:37 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
:-) plus mozzarella and monterey jack
Can't believe I forgot parmesan, too. Chicken parm or Parm-crusted chicken breasts... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Darrell 03:39 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Can't believe I forgot parmesan, too. Chicken parm or Parm-crusted chicken breasts... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Ever have the Monterey Chicken at Chili's? That's LEGIT!
[Reply]
Kreth 04:21 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Ever have the Monterey Chicken at Chili's? That's LEGIT!
Believe it or not, I've never eaten at Chili's. I don't have anything against them, we don't have one local, and I've always ended up eating somewhere else for one reason or another when there was one nearby.. I think I've covered pretty much all of the other clones: Applebee's/TGIF/Ruby Tuesday's/Red Robin/Outback...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
blugill 07:46 PM 04-30-2010
How about this for an accurate description of the Double Down?
[Reply]
Starscream 10:50 AM 05-19-2010
I'm going low carb again for a while, so I'm gonna have to check out the grilled double down today.
[Reply]
thebayratt 11:10 AM 05-19-2010
I ate the "grilled" one monday and didn't care for it too much. I think they put too much seasoning on the chicken and it wasn't very "grilled" to me.
I may try the fried one, but for $7.48 for the meal, I can find better.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up