Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Good Eats>KFC Double Down
landhoney 02:10 PM 04-12-2010
If this subforum were titled "Great Eats" I would not be able to start this thread, but as it is merely "Good Eats" I will post about this "sandwich":-)

A co-worker was excited about it and got a bunch of us to go today. It was good, and a novelty, but none of us will be going back anytime soon. But I think we were all glad to have tried it and have a good laugh at the absurdity of a "sandwich" that uses two fried chicken breasts as bread. :-)

The sandwich is from top to bottom, fried chicken breast, "colonel sauce", cheese, bacon, and another fried chicken breast. No bread, nothing else but a thin wax paper wrapper that does not insulate you well enough from the hot chicken, meaning that initially you can't hold onto it for very long.

Anyway, in closing, not bad and fun as a novelty. And to answer the inevitable question.......540 calories and 32 grams of fat. :-)
[Reply]
dannysguitar 02:18 PM 04-12-2010
Since I live a low carb lifestyle, I'm excited to try the grilled version.
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:39 PM 04-12-2010
Oh. I thought was a Egg Sandwich between Chicken.

What was I thinking :-)
[Reply]
tupacboy 09:19 AM 04-13-2010
fried chicken sandwich?.... man... only if i can get that with a slab of butter on one side and lard on the other :-)
[Reply]
Powers 09:28 AM 04-13-2010
i'm very excited about trying this.

Gotta love the South!

:-)
[Reply]
chenvt 09:42 AM 04-13-2010
the plain chicken breast in itself was enough for me.. I had that in a jam and it was pretty damn good
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:48 AM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by chenvt:
the plain chicken breast in itself was enough for me.. I had that in a jam and it was pretty damn good
Was it grape jam? I like mine with strawberry preserves. :-) :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:07 AM 04-13-2010
Let's see how long it takes before someone buys a KFC Double Deuce, stuffs some french fries in the center, batters it with donut batter, deep fries it, adds chocolate sprinkles and whipped cream and posts it on ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com

-----------

ADDENDUM: I just went to ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com to make sure I had the link correct and lo-and-behold, the stock KFC Double Deuce is right there on the first page. :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
chenvt 10:16 AM 04-13-2010
Nothing wrong with putting fries in a sandwich (as anyone who's been to Primanti Bros. will tell you)

Originally Posted by T.G:
Let's see how long it takes before someone buys a KFC Double Deuce, stuffs some french fries in the center, batters it with donut batter, deep fries it, adds chocolate sprinkles and whipped cream and posts it on ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com

-----------

ADDENDUM: I just went to ThisIsWhyYoureFat.com to make sure I had the link correct and lo-and-behold, the stock KFC Double Deuce is right there on the first page. :-):-):-):-)

[Reply]
T.G 10:28 AM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by chenvt:
Nothing wrong with putting fries in a sandwich (as anyone who's been to Primanti Bros. will tell you)
Oh, I know. I was actually mocking the trends of what gets posted at TIWYF.
[Reply]
tupacboy 12:55 PM 04-13-2010
fries in a burrito is good too :-)
[Reply]
jkim05 01:22 PM 04-13-2010
I had to try one today because of this thread. It was ok, but I don't think I'd eat one again.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 03:08 PM 04-13-2010
Doubled down with diarrhea ... sounds good to me ... but I went to 5 guys instead today (love the burgers with fresh jalapenos) -- maybe tomorrow.
[Reply]
neoflex 03:13 PM 04-13-2010
Saw the commercial for this monstrosity last night. Just did not look appetizing to me. Sean, I think you made a good decision. I would take 5 Guys over KFC any day. I am in the put fries on your sammich camp, not to mention potato chips when eating those with a sandwich.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:16 PM 04-13-2010
Chicken on chicken...:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 04:41 PM 04-13-2010
Worth a try. There's a KFC 2 blocks away. What's the "colonel sauce"? Spicy at all?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
T.G 04:48 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
What's the "colonel sauce"?

I hear it doubles as a hair gel.

[Reply]
Kreth 04:54 PM 04-13-2010

Yeah, I shoulda known better around here... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 05:46 PM 04-13-2010

Originally Posted by Kreth:
Yeah, I shoulda known better around here... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:16 PM 04-13-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up