Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Good Eats>Taylor Pork Roll
VirtualSmitty 12:07 PM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
You inspired me... I had eggs over-easy with a couple slices of pork roll. Delicious! :-)

*Around me in S. Jersey we always referred to it as pork roll. It wasn't until I went to Rutgers NB for college that I heard it referred to by its brand name, Taylor.
It goes by all different names depending on where in the state you are.
[Reply]
tsolomon 12:13 PM 02-07-2010
I grew up eating Taylor Pork Roll sandwiches and there use to be a TPR restaurant on the boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland. Yum!
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:15 PM 02-07-2010
Pork roll and cheese.....nuff said!
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 02:16 PM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
It goes by all different names depending on where in the state you are.
Growing up in Clifton, we called it Taylor Ham. Out of the area, the trick is to find a place that sells Boar's Head products - they're the distributor.
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:20 PM 02-07-2010
I need to try this. It has ketchup in it :-)
[Reply]
NeuRon 02:24 PM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Meaning he may be a decent hunter and/or driver?

i dont know anything about hunting, but ill outdrive anybody.. end of story :-)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 03:18 PM 02-07-2010
Originally Posted by BigRonS:
i dont know anything about hunting, but ill outdrive anybody.. end of story :-)
Tom is the man. I seem to remember Woodbridge to Toms River in 30 minutes...

end of story. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:23 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I'll take a pic of the next one I make ... when I get back from the gym. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
AD720 04:34 PM 02-08-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
You inspired me... I had eggs over-easy with a couple slices of pork roll. Delicious! :-)

*Around me in S. Jersey we always referred to it as pork roll. It wasn't until I went to Rutgers NB for college that I heard it referred to by its brand name, Taylor.
Ditto. Always was just "pork roll". Always with cheese, always on a kaiser roll. Always delicious.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:19 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
I grew up eating Taylor Pork Roll sandwiches and there use to be a TPR restaurant on the boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland. Yum!
There still is one on the OC boardwalk in New Jersey . I've been loving pork roll as long as I can remember . There is also a less spicy version made by Taylor that is labeled as "Trenton Pork Roll" . Scrapple is just absolutely awful ! As for bad drivers here in my home state - Have you ever seen the way Pennsylvanians drive in Jersey ? That must be whats been witnessed . Unless you drive a Subaru , then you're just a target ! :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:10 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by Bubba - NJ:
As for bad drivers here in my home state - Have you ever seen the way Pennsylvanians drive in Jersey ? That must be whats been witnessed . Unless you drive a Subaru , then you're just a target ! :-)
We see a lot of those baby-sh!t yellow plates up here, in a college town about a half-hour from Cooperstown. Usually shortly after seeing them I'm wishing I had the car from that old Spy Hunter video game... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:27 PM 02-10-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
We see a lot of those baby-sh!t yellow plates up here, in a college town about a half-hour from Cooperstown. Usually shortly after seeing them I'm wishing I had the car from that old Spy Hunter video game... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
That was a classic game !
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 07:08 PM 02-11-2010
To be honest I dont really like taylor ham. When I order it out they always under cook it and slice it too thin. If I go out to a diner I'll get bacon but if were all drinkin at a friends house and were all making sandwiches I love well done TH, bacon, eggs, cheese, and SPK.

I hate to say it but as a NJ native Bacon>Taylor Ham:-)
[Reply]
Martin 06:15 AM 02-12-2010
freakin converted vegamatatians!
[Reply]
Neuromancer 10:45 AM 02-12-2010
That stuff is delicious, but with the amount of fat and cholesterol it contains, it's a heart attack waiting to happen...:-)
[Reply]
NeuRon 01:28 PM 02-12-2010
in honor of this thread, im going to have some pork roll this weekend. wooot
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 11:31 AM 02-13-2010
I'm getting some tomorrow at the Shop Rite ! :-)
[Reply]
dubs chops 11:45 AM 02-13-2010
I've never heard of it before, But it sounds yummy, I may have to pick some up if I ever see it. would they sell it in OK anywhere?
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:45 PM 02-13-2010
Originally Posted by dubs chops:
I've never heard of it before, But it sounds yummy, I may have to pick some up if I ever see it. would they sell it in OK anywhere?
Its distributed by Boar's Head Meats. Find a grocery that works with this distributor or you're S.O.L.

Its a little like summer sausage, made of pork....
[Reply]
RUNYYFan 10:06 PM 02-20-2010
Mmmmmm. Had a pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwich on a buttered hard roll this morning. Best breakfast in the world to me! :-)

For those ex-pat Jerseyans craving some, you may want to check out this site I stumbled across a few months ago. I've never ordered from them nor do I have any affiliation with them.

http://www.jerseyporkroll.com/
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up