Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Good Eats>Heritage Dr. Pepper and Throwback Mtn. Dew
T.G 12:17 AM 01-05-2010
Thanks all.

Ok. so I wasn't the only one who thought that the Throwback Mtn, Dew was milder or less "in your face" than the current HFCS blend. Good to know.

I'm more interested in the Dr. Pepper anyway...

Mario, try Target. That's where I found these as single bottles in the refrigerated case. I have no idea if they sell cases or larger bottles, as I just noticed these by accident when grabbing a bottle of water. If I make it down to the herf this weekend at WC, I'll bring you a few bottles in the event that you can't find any.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:32 AM 01-05-2010
Will do Adam and I'll keep you updated. Thanks!:-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 10:28 AM 01-05-2010
I found that you can purchase Dublin Dr Pepper here. I've never used this vendor, but figured I'd pass on the link.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:36 AM 01-05-2010
Mr. Pibb was better than Dr. Pepper, but they changed that recipe too.

I remember Sun Drop (for those who know this one) as more tart, but that's changed.

And then, Mountain Dew was more tart as well - is that tartness back in the throwback/heritage version?
[Reply]
bobarian 10:46 AM 01-05-2010
I tried the Pepsi Throwback and was not impressed. I still prefer Mexican Coca Cola. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:14 AM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by druturn:
I've never had heritage Dr. Pepper but I have had Dublin Dr. Pepper which may be the same thing. Dublin Dr. Pepper is made with pure sugar cane and is as addicting as crack!
Yup, IMO all the Dr. Pepper made in TX is the real stuff.
Of course, the Sugar makes a difference as well. In addition it would be really nice if ALL the drink man.s went
back to Sugar...it would help the economy.

On another throwback note, I just bought 12 decks of the old "Trips and Squeezer" card decks that I had
found very hard to get of late...something about PETA or Michael Vick or something.
You know the ones with the two chained up dogs at each other's throats???
Somebody in my office had never seen them or heard about them, but in LA, them wuz cards.
So I picked up a dozen plus a few Svengali decks for card tricks.
Attached: bulldogsqueezersno9352r.jpg (43.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:46 AM 01-05-2010
I drank both on my US trip, didnt like the pepsi, liked the Mountain Dew. But I didn't like the American version of Coca Cola either, European Coca Cola tastes different, much better. Asian coke sucks too.
[Reply]
a2vr6 11:54 AM 01-05-2010
None of the heritage stuff is available here in Canada, love the Blu Sky Soda lines though (no HCF's and real flavoring): http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__Ni_6snbU4...lueskycola.gif
[Reply]
junkinduck 07:36 PM 01-05-2010
I like the throwback Mtn Dew dont like Dr Pepper at all. Now if we could just get it in glass. The local minimart had 10oz glass Mtn Dew and it did more for the flavor than anything. Wife said Pepsi was the same way, better in glass.
[Reply]
bonjing 11:15 PM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by lightning9191:
I found that you can purchase Dublin Dr Pepper here. I've never used this vendor, but figured I'd pass on the link.
I've used old doc's a few years back. Ordered a case of cans from them and was happy with the transaction, hoping to order again from them. Again this was a few years back though.
[Reply]
T.G 01:49 PM 01-06-2010
Tried the Dr. Pepper, here's a short review:

Pretty darn tasty.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:14 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by junkinduck:
I like the throwback Mtn Dew dont like Dr Pepper at all. Now if we could just get it in glass. The local minimart had 10oz glass Mtn Dew and it did more for the flavor than anything. Wife said Pepsi was the same way, better in glass.
:-)

Every soda tastes better from glass.
[Reply]
druturn 12:03 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Tried the Dr. Pepper, here's a short review:

Pretty darn tasty.
Haha, great review! That is the best way to describe it! I sure as hell am going to miss it for the next 4-5 months, but German beer isn't TOO bad of a replacement I guess. :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:15 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Anything that eliminates HFCS is OK by me. :-)
Exactly my thoughts after the OP.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:32 AM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by druturn:
Haha, great review! That is the best way to describe it! I sure as hell am going to miss it for the next 4-5 months, but German beer isn't TOO bad of a replacement I guess. :-)
We have Dr. Pepper in Europe too, and a better recipe then in the US, with real sugar.
[Reply]
chachee52 05:53 AM 01-07-2010
Ok, I have been to a bunch of convenient stores and grocery stores up here in MA/NH and haven't seen these yet!!!!! What's up with not stocking New England with them?
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:05 PM 01-07-2010
I'm drinking a Pepsi now,it's pretty tasty.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 05:07 PM 01-07-2010
AH! I want that Dr.P
All I can find is the Mtn.d and Pepsi stuff.
[Reply]
G G 05:12 PM 01-07-2010
Bought all three today. Didn't like the Dr. Pepper at all, it tasted like diet to me.
[Reply]
hotreds 05:14 PM 01-07-2010
Our Wallyworld has them in 12 paks. Mama said- "You're diabetic- you don't need anything like that with sugar, no matter how 'neat' the concept might be!":-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up