Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Paprika-crusted chops
Kreth 05:54 PM 05-10-2010
Found this recipe online, and tweaked it a bit. I usually measure out the breadcrumbs, and do the rest by eye.

2 thick-cut boneless pork chops
2 c. plain breadcrumbs or panko
1/4 c. flour
3 tbsp. paprika (I prefer sweet smoked)
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
pinch of salt
1/4 c. veg. oil

Mix the dry ingredients in a tupperware, then drizzle enough oil to moisten thoroughly. Drop in the chops one at a time, cover, and shake to coat thoroughly. Bake @ 350 for about an hour.
This also works well with boneless skinless chicken breasts, although I usually pound them flat to cook evenly (or butterfly), and the cooking time will be 25-30 mins.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 03:03 PM 05-15-2010
Nice recipe. I am going to have to try it out one of these days when I actually have time on my hands. Thanks!
[Reply]
captain53 03:12 PM 05-15-2010
Sounds Good and I was trying to think of what to cook for dinner as weather is too crappy to cook outside. I happen to have a couple of very thick pork chops in the freezer so I will be trying it tonight! Thanks!:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 03:33 PM 05-15-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
Sounds Good and I was trying to think of what to cook for dinner as weather is too crappy to cook outside. I happen to have a couple of very thick pork chops in the freezer so I will be trying it tonight! Thanks!:-)
Let me know what you think. This is one of my favorites...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Cigary 04:54 PM 05-15-2010
Yowza...this looks really good and am looking for another way to have my chops. Thx for the recipe.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:13 PM 05-15-2010
I've made this several times, with store-bought breadcrumbs, homemade (both white and whole wheat), and panko. IMO, panko gives the best results, especially if you like the texture of tempura. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
captain53 05:17 PM 05-15-2010
Mine are in the oven now, I thought the Panko would be much better but I just had regular breadcrumbs. I have used the crushed unsweetend corn flakes before in a similar scenario just different seasonings and they worked great.
[Reply]
captain53 06:21 PM 05-15-2010
Great Flavor, the little touch of sweetness sets it off. I would recommend the Panko or Crushed Cornflakes for the more crunchy texture. Will definitely have them again and also try the chicken.

Thanks For Sharing the Recipe!:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 06:57 PM 05-15-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
Great Flavor, the little touch of sweetness sets it off. I would recommend the Panko or Crushed Cornflakes for the more crunchy texture. Will definitely have them again and also try the chicken.

Thanks For Sharing the Recipe!:-)
You're welcome, glad you liked it. I think the original came from cooks.com (or maybe epicurious.com) and was a little heavier on the sugar. I thought it was a little much, so I dialed it back and made a few other tweaks. I think the oregano adds a nice nuance to complement the paprika and sweetness.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:37 PM 05-15-2010
Pictures are always good too Jeff :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 09:00 PM 05-15-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Pictures are always good too Jeff :-)
I'll try to keep that in mind next time I make this. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
captain53 07:44 AM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
You're welcome, glad you liked it. I think the original came from cooks.com (or maybe epicurious.com) and was a little heavier on the sugar. I thought it was a little much, so I dialed it back and made a few other tweaks. I think the oregano adds a nice nuance to complement the paprika and sweetness.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I don't think I would want it any sweeter as it had just enough sweetness to enjoy.
[Reply]
Up