Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Good Eats>Grill Help
blugill 05:07 PM 02-19-2010
I've been grilling for years and cooking a bit longer than that. Usually I've only bought grills that are good for about a season or two at most before they are ruined.

I decided I had enough of that and just spent the cash on a grill that'll be with me and my new family for years to come.
[Reply]
blugill 08:53 AM 02-20-2010

Pulled pork coming up in a few hours!
[Reply]
blugill 01:19 PM 02-20-2010

Cooking away!!!!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:31 PM 02-20-2010
Good job, looks yummy.

My girlfriend is itching for me to light up the WSM.
[Reply]
bigjohnny 01:33 PM 02-20-2010
Green egg all the way:-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 05:08 PM 02-20-2010
Originally Posted by blugill:

Cooking away!!!!
What times dinner Andy? I'll bring the stogies!:-)
That looks great!:-)
[Reply]
Blindjimme 05:27 PM 02-20-2010
Wow, I was set to recommend Weber and now I want a Big Green Egg :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:38 PM 02-20-2010
Why is that lid open so much??? If your lookin' it aint cookin'!!
:-)

Cooking away!!!!

[Reply]
blugill 07:25 AM 02-21-2010
The pulled pork got high marks with the family, the Carolina BBQ sauce got low marks.
I used:
1 cup of Heinz ketchup
1 cup of apple cider vinegar
1 cup of water
3 Tbs sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp chipotle
1/2 ground pepper

So it was too vinegary for them while I enjoyed it and thought it added a nice twang to the smoked pork:-)
[Reply]
nayslayer 08:00 AM 02-21-2010
lol, not sure if i want the recipe if your family didn't like it...lol But then again i have family like that too
[Reply]
OLS 09:42 AM 04-16-2010
[quote=captain53;756519]
Originally Posted by nayslayer:
Have you checked out chargriller? fairly cheap, and there are quite a few sites out there with mods to get it to be a top notch grill.

http://barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1467[/QUOTE

:-):-)
:-)
[Reply]
OLS 09:45 AM 04-16-2010
I've been grilling for years and cooking a bit longer than that. Usually I've only bought grills that are good for about a season or two at most before they are ruined.

I decided I had enough of that and just spent the cash on a grill that'll be with me and my new family for years to come.
hehe, this just tells me you are tough on grills, lol.:-):-):-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:44 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by nayslayer:
Have you checked out chargriller? fairly cheap, and there are quite a few sites out there with mods to get it to be a top notch grill.

http://barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1467
I had the Smokin' Pro for decade and it worked pretty good. It doubles as a grill really well with the adjustable charcoal holder. As a smoker, the WSM or vertical smokers are better from my experience. The barrel smoker with the side smoker does allow for more logs which is easier for some. I never covered it and it went through many-a-winter and was still working before my neighbor and I carried it to a dumpster.

Green Egg is the top dog, but commands a top price. The WSM is great for just BBQ and is quite portable.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up