Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Taylor Pork Roll
NeuRon 04:52 AM 02-21-2010
had some yesterday, and i cant understand how anybody wouldnt enjoy this cholesterol filled bliss... lol mnnnnnnnn
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 09:37 AM 02-21-2010
I plan my life around Pork Roll
[Reply]
jerseystepup 11:59 AM 02-23-2010
This is what we in NJ refer to as our "darkside". Well sir, welcome. :-) Might i suggest trying porkroll, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel, with salt, pepper, ketchup, and tobasco. :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:09 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by jerseystepup:
This is what we in NJ refer to as our "darkside". Well sir, welcome. :-) Might i suggest trying porkroll, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel, with salt, pepper, ketchup, and tobasco. :-)
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
raisin 07:21 PM 03-14-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
It goes by all different names depending on where in the state you are.
Taylor Ham is the "brand name" porkroll, and in my mind, the best. A cheaper bacon alternative, it was the blue collar Egg Mcmuffin of yore. Traditional and satisfying as it was, i always found porkroll's bite a bit strong for breakfast and a delicate egg.

I find it best suited to be browned on the grill, topped with cheese, and dropped onto a hamburger. Beats the baconburger hands down - do try it!

(extra points for smoking the whole pork roll first...)
[Reply]
NeuRon 08:45 PM 03-14-2010
Originally Posted by raisin:

I find it best suited to be browned on the grill, topped with cheese, and dropped onto a hamburger. Beats the baconburger hands down - do try it!
Mike, this is very true.. AKA. The "Jersey Burger"...:-)
I try not to eat this combo often, as i like my arteries open, but every now and then, its soo worth it.. lol

Originally Posted by raisin:
Taylor Ham is the "brand name" porkroll, and in my mind, the best.
Indeed its the best!
[Reply]
chenvt 08:26 AM 03-15-2010
I never had this til I went to a friend's house in Jersey.. I LOVE pork roll.. basically pork roll, egg, and cheese on an english muffin and I'm done
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up