Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: have you ever had sundrop? Which do you prefer?
Diet 1 5.26%
Regular 17 89.47%
Cherry Lemon 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Good Eats>Have you ever had/heard of Sundrop?
taltos 04:24 AM 10-25-2008
I don't remember Sundrop ever making its way to New England and I can't remember seeing it when I was stationed in SC. I will have to try it next time that I am down South.
[Reply]
TideRoll 10:11 AM 10-25-2008
I had a Sundrop last week at a country BBQ joint. I've liked it since I was a kid and will often buy one when I encounter it just because it isn't at just every c-store. I have not noticed the other flavor around my neck of the woods, though, just regular and diet.

Another soft drink that really does seem to have dropped off the face of the earth that I drank as a kid was something called "Apple Beer." I wonder where it went.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:34 PM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by TideRoll:
I had a Sundrop last week at a country BBQ joint. I've liked it since I was a kid and will often buy one when I encounter it just because it isn't at just every c-store. I have not noticed the other flavor around my neck of the woods, though, just regular and diet.

Another soft drink that really does seem to have dropped off the face of the earth that I drank as a kid was something called "Apple Beer." I wonder where it went.
Would that be Top Hat, Tim??
[Reply]
G G 05:46 PM 10-25-2008
I had a couple of these a few weeks ago while traveling through NC. I thought they were pretty good.:-)
[Reply]
TideRoll 11:52 PM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Would that be Top Hat, Tim??
Yes. I just overlooked your thread a few posts above it.
[Reply]
KDKLOSS 06:05 PM 01-12-2010
I hate to resurrect a past thread but I just had to tell ya'll that I was missing Sundrop so much I had a case shipped to NJ from TN. I was stationed In NC for 8 years and drank it daily. When I moved back to NJ I never found anything remotely like it.
I forgot to ask my mom to pick me up a couple cases when she went down to check on her summer house so I found a site on the internet that would ship it out. It cost me 40 for 24 cans. I know nutz but hey aren't we all a little bit crazy here in the asylum? :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 06:16 PM 01-12-2010
Yes, but didn't care for it. Cheer Wine, on the other hand, is THE BEST sody pop out there! It is made in Salisbury, NC- home of Elizabeth Dole. My outlaws live in Mooresville, NC(Race City) and when I visit them I always pick up a grocery cart full of it- much to the amusement of the checkout person at Wally World. It goes really well with cigars! Alas, I hafta buy diet these days, but the leaded version is by far the best thing I've ever tasted, with Diet Polar Orange Dry a close second- maybe even better because it is diet and so tasty.

But, Adam, I have a bottle of the leaded for ya that I'll bring to the herf on the 27th.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:33 PM 01-14-2010
Both Cheerwine and Sundrop are easily found here in Southern NC.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:26 AM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Both Cheerwine and Sundrop are easily found here in Southern NC.
Life wouldn't be the same without those two. Nothing like a Sundrop Slushy in the summer. Cheerwine is a takeoff of Cherry Wine, fwiw.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 01:01 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by TideRoll:

Hmmmm...Apple Beer:-)
http://http://www.applebeer.com/
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:02 PM 01-15-2010
Sundrop is big up here in Wisconsin. In fact, local Twig's beverage in Shawano bottles the stuff.

Sundrop slushie is a great summer chiller.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:10 PM 01-15-2010
I've never had Sundrop or Cheerwine. I need to find some now.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:24 PM 01-15-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I've never had Sundrop or Cheerwine. I need to find some now.
Come down south, Dan!:-)
Herf!:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:20 AM 04-01-2010
Had a Sundrop yesterday in an old-style glass bottle. Best Sundrop I've ever had.
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:50 AM 04-01-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Had a Sundrop yesterday in an old-style glass bottle. Best Sundrop I've ever had.
Yep, the glass bottles are the shiznit.

The aluminum cans taste a little tinny.
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 10:26 AM 04-01-2010
I like Sundrop, but like a few guys have mentioned... I LOVE Squirt!:-)
[Reply]
OLS 02:49 PM 04-14-2010
Sundrop is aces. It's by far the most true citrussy tasting drink that's supposed to be made to taste that way.
Now it can get old fast, so I like to balance it out with another bev. I can't drink two back to back.

Well, Squirt IS citrussy. But I should say it's the best out of the one's I drink. I don't get much Squirt here
in the Mtn Dew belt. Now you know what's GOOD? FRESCA!!
[Reply]
The Poet 03:18 PM 04-14-2010
I've not had a Sundrop in years, but I do have a few cans of Cheerwine in my fridge. A woman I work with brought me up a 12-pack when she was in NC last summer, and I've been rationing it ever since. As for Sundrop, the last I remember having was back in my college days, when we'd mix it with gin over crushed ice. Talk about a nice drink for hot weather!
[Reply]
OLS 06:07 PM 04-14-2010
I DID have a Sundrop Cherry Lemon while I was in Concord last week. It was a can tucked in my sister's
garage that we were cleaning out. She fridged it for me and i had it for supper. Not bad at all.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up