Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Perfect Pairings
DBall 09:46 AM 11-12-2008
I know I have my go-to's... things I pair with any cigar. For me, it's coffee (or some derivative of it) or ginger ale. However, I've noticed that some certain cigars have a pretty distinct taste and certain pairings bring out the best the cigar has to offer.

I figured it'd be cool to create a thread so people could try the pairings of others so, write down your pairing and what makes it stand out to you... this could be a fun thread. I'll start:
[Reply]
DBall 09:49 AM 11-12-2008
San Cristobal El Principe & Wild Cherry Pepsi

When I smoke SCdLH's, I get a taste kinda like black cherry... usually it's muted and in the background, but when I paired it this morning with a Wild Cherry Pepsi, it brought it out to the forefront and made the experience a hundred times more fantastic...

:-)
[Reply]
parafumar 10:09 AM 11-12-2008
Sweet Tea and... a Cigar :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:18 AM 11-12-2008
For some reason Tatuaje red and white label seem to go best with a Red Eye - Beer and Clamato (12 oz of beer to 2 oz of Clamato or tomato juice w/ chili powder)!

It is like a fiesta for your mouth!!!:-)

[Reply]
Gargoyle 10:32 AM 11-12-2008
Graycliff Crystal w/ Kenya Coffee -- Hints of citrus flavor in Kenya coffee balance and compliment the strength of the Crystal.
Graycliff 1666 w/ Tawny Port -- Leather flavor of the 1666 goes well with the port and doesn't get lost.
Gurkha Black Dragon or Ancient Warrior w/ any coffee -- Deep flavors that always seem to complement each other.
Gurkha Symphony or Nat Sherman Met. Maddie w/ latte or mild coffee -- Very mellow blending with neither overpowering each other. Morning smokes.

And for some of the less conventional pairings:
Acid Kuba Kuba w/ Cherry Coke -- the sweetness pairs well and doesn't clash
Tatiana Nightcap w/ Brazil coffee -- nice mingling of nutty coffee flavors
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:12 AM 11-12-2008
Based on Pokers response to the Discretionary Income thread I would have to say Jade and Tiffany would make a nice pairing.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:13 AM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Based on Pokers response to the Discretionary Income thread I would have to say Jade and Tiffany would make a nice pairing.
Those who are awake will notice no Al in that sammich.
[Reply]
Tombstone 11:31 AM 11-12-2008
Sex and Cigars
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:36 AM 11-12-2008
OK back on topic.

Not sure why but I really like my scotch with my cigars. I can't tell you what taste is pulled from what but I do know I like it. So much so that I find myself going through much more scotch than I should. :-)

Good topic Dan, I just might learn something. :-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 11:50 AM 11-12-2008
As much as I love a Scotch with a "good" cigar, it is still hard to beat a 5 Vegas A with a stout Espresso.
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:58 AM 11-12-2008
I typically drink scotch or bourbon with my cigars. However I also find rum goes really well with a lot of Cuban cigars as it does not tend to overpower my palate as whiskeys can sometimes do.

On a non-alcoholic note; I had a perfect pairing yesterday with a '99 Hoyo Du Prince and a Power-c (Dragonfruit) Vitamin Water.
[Reply]
Cigary 12:34 PM 11-12-2008
20 years and still pairing cigars with Drambuie which is a match made in heaven. The taste of this wonderful scotch whiskey with a hint of honey compliments any cigar and enhances it. I have had mediocre cigars that when paired with this elixer turns them into a satisfying smoke. Another drink that I have been having is called Amarula that a afficionado talked me into drinking on the Queen Mary 2 a couple of years ago. I thought he was nutts but when I tasted it along with my cigar,,,voila',,,another great match.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 12:34 PM 11-12-2008
I like Dr. Pepper with any cigar. It sweetens things up and can help with the nic buzz.
[Reply]
jjirons69 12:38 PM 11-12-2008
I like coffee with any stick, especially mild, floral sticks in the morning. Beer is always good with smokes. Sweet tea can be hit or miss. The bitterness sometimes causes funny tastes. Pepsi or Coke goes well. Clear soft drinks with liquor is a plus.

Never drink milk and smoke! :-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 01:29 PM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
As much as I love a Scotch with a "good" cigar, it is still hard to beat a 5 Vegas A with a stout Espresso.
My man...that's what I'm talkin' about....I have that combination at least once a week as Series A is a staple, inexpensive, "go-to" smoke in my humidor, and yes...the Espresso is exactly what I'll have with it.

I will say this....last Thursday, we had Yuengling Black and Tan lager paired with a San Cristobal, and it was scrumtrulescent, my friends! :-)

Jason
[Reply]
Pat1075 01:34 PM 11-12-2008
Pepin blue + espresso
Cameroons (any)+ root beer
Tatuaje miami + Mexican coke
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 02:07 PM 11-12-2008
Just about any maduro with Guinness.
[Reply]
Tombstone 02:16 PM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
Just about any maduro with Guinness.
Guinness:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 02:34 PM 11-12-2008
A good Port with any cigar, but I do agree that a fine rhum or Tequilla with Cubans is hard to beat....

I also recently bought some 2004 Reserve Ice Wine Cabernet Sauvignon from Palatine in the Niagara on the Lake region and I'm anxious to try it with a cigar. The fellow that served me during the tasting session also smokes cigar and told me to try it out. So I bought 5 bottles @ $100 bucks a piece so I hope they go good together.
[Reply]
Stogieboy 03:50 PM 11-12-2008
Coffee, ginger snaps (the kind from Cost Plus world market) and a Padron 3000 Maduro. OOOHHHHHH Yeeaaahhhh!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up