Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
All Cigar Discussion>Who else smokes a box per week?
Silound 10:50 PM 11-09-2008
I'm with Shadow, Dave. I do 5-8 a day while at work at the shop, usually 4-6 on non-work days.

The real question is, what do you smoke that many of a day? :-) Typically I have at least two LFD Cabinet 500's in that count, along with an assortment of other sticks. I think the mildest one I smoke is my usual morning opener (Griffen's Robusto) while the fullest bodied stick I usually smoke is a Factory Press or LG Small Batch.
[Reply]
Bobb 11:15 PM 11-09-2008
When I worked at the cigar shop in Hudson, I smoked 3-4 a day. Now that I have moved to Alaska, I am lucky to get 3-4 a month.
[Reply]
dccraft 05:49 AM 11-10-2008
Warmer months I can get a couple in during the week at lunch and a couple on the weekend. Now that it's winter/cold out I will be fortunate to get 1 or 2 in per week.
[Reply]
ahc4353 06:48 AM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Old Sailor:
Wuss:-):-):-):-)
Al > Image < Old Guy

(I didn't see "Serious" in the title so I guessed this was OK :-) )

Happy Monday Everyone!
[Reply]
rizzle 09:19 AM 11-10-2008
I'm lucky if I can get 3 a week. If I can get through a 5'er over a week's period of time I consider that a major accomplishment.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 09:20 AM 11-10-2008
i get 1-2 in a week. that's about it.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 09:28 AM 11-10-2008
I used to average about 3 a day, but for the last 6 months or so it's gone down to 5 or 6 a week. I actually think I can taste them better now that I give my pallet a rest every once in a while.

Now if I worked at a cigar shope, they'd find me dead with a lit cigar in each hand within the first month I'd smoke so much.:-)
[Reply]
shemp 09:35 AM 11-10-2008
i have done about 4-6 in a day but after about 3 days of doing that i agree with Borndead1 that my toungue is like shrapnel and i cant tatse for a couple days, so i have slowed down to about 1-3 per day and tatse them much better...
[Reply]
gvarsity 09:45 AM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
I'm lucky to get one cigar in a week when it gets cold.
I'm with you I'm afraid. Young baby, full time job where I can't smoke, I try to get in one or two during a football game on the weekend. This weekend got goose egged because of guests from out of town who couldn't be on time. :-) Tonight for MNF.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 01:27 PM 11-10-2008
Typically 4-5 a week -- a couple or three nights during the week after work, and one or two on the weekend. If I'm lucky or if I work from home one day, 6-8.

This past week I was traveling on business to Miami, which allowed me to smoke on my hotel balcony. Even so, managed only 2 a day, working them in around meetings.

Like some of the other inmates, I find that my palate suffers a bit if I consistently smoke more than two a day.
[Reply]
icurrie 01:50 PM 11-10-2008
Like some of the other inmates, I find that my palate suffers a bit if I consistently smoke more than two a day.[/quote]

I think my wallet would suffer too!!!! I am lucky to get 2-3 a week this time of year and in the summer maybe 5-6.
[Reply]
K Baz 03:02 PM 11-10-2008
I am 2 - 3 a week on average usually all on the weekend during the summer.

In winter I am lucky to get one a month the lack of inside venues to smoke in and the chance of it being - 50 degree make it difficult. But on the bright side low risk for beetles.

I can't imagine how you would age cigars if I smoked one a week. Heck I can't imagine what the g/f would say if I bought a box a week.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 05:22 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Silound:
I'm with Shadow, Dave. I do 5-8 a day while at work at the shop, usually 4-6 on non-work days.

The real question is, what do you smoke that many of a day? :-) Typically I have at least two LFD Cabinet 500's in that count, along with an assortment of other sticks. I think the mildest one I smoke is my usual morning opener (Griffen's Robusto) while the fullest bodied stick I usually smoke is a Factory Press or LG Small Batch.
You be smoking small batches.. DAILY?!
holy hell man haha i still gotta smoke one of those
"SAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US! lol :-) "
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 06:21 PM 11-10-2008
I think I am at the "more than" a box a week level lately...is that a bad thing?
[Reply]
ConMan 08:06 PM 11-10-2008
I smoke at least one a day. Usually 3 a day on the weekend. I'd say I smoke a box every other week.
[Reply]
greenwit 08:35 PM 11-10-2008
One a day and two per day on weekends.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:56 PM 11-10-2008
I smoke 4-8/ week, Dave! More than 2-3/day, and they all seem to taste the same to me!:-)
[Reply]
Silound 11:15 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
You be smoking small batches.. DAILY?!
holy hell man haha i still gotta smoke one of those
"SAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US! lol :-) "

Not quite daily, but a couple a week definitely. Lately I've been smoking a lot of FP 3 though...they're some sexy sticks.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 11:55 PM 11-10-2008
Originally Posted by Silound:
Not quite daily, but a couple a week definitely. Lately I've been smoking a lot of FP 3 though...they're some sexy sticks.
i only have the 1 from Litto personally at the RTDA- havent smoked it as of yet... Any advise :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 02:39 PM 11-11-2008
By myself: 2-3 on the weekend, a couple during the week.

With my brother-in-law fishing: 5-6 day.

At herfs, the sky is the limit.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up