Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>general cigar question for all...
gnukfu 02:05 PM 11-13-2008
I leave it on and then take it off at some point so I don't smoke it.
[Reply]
acarr 02:26 PM 11-13-2008
I usually take them off because I save them all for some odd reason. Someday, I will probably just throw them all away.
[Reply]
brigey57 03:29 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
So I was reading on CI the other day that some people believe it is in bad taste to leave the band on a cigar when you are in company. CI stated a few reasons for this, but the one that stuck out to me was that you wouldn't want to offend those you were smoking with if you were smoking a finer quality product.

So that leads me to ask, do you leave your band on when smoking or take it off? In addition, why?

Does anyone else feel like I just asked a test question? :-)

I always warm the cigar up a bit before I remove the band. Reason being is it will sometimes stick to the cigar and tear it if you don't first heat up the cigar. Once the cigar is torn then it isn't worth a darn. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 05:08 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by Parrotheadduff:
Do you take the label off your beer? :-)

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Shervin 09:25 PM 11-13-2008
Originally Posted by phidelt076:
After messing up a few wrappers trying to take the band off prior to lighting, I always leave them on now. I wait until the burn gets close to the band and that seems to loosen up the glue. My smoking buddies are usually smoking my cigars so I don't give etiquette much consideration.

Ditto
[Reply]
Sr Mike 07:12 AM 11-14-2008
The way I see it, if someone is offended because you are smoking a finer quality cigar, then either hook them up or shut them up. It is personal preference.

On the other hand, if a guy flaunts that he is smoking a finer quality cigar, you can easily demonstrate that his cigar can break in half just as easily as any cheap stick you have ever encountered. (I know a guy who actually did that)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:37 AM 11-14-2008
I heard that taking off the band was proper European etiquette. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall reading that somewhere.

I leave my band on until the last possible moment. That way it has time for the glue to warm up which allows me to remove the band w/o tearing the wrapper or the band.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:41 AM 11-14-2008
If pnoon loves him some cremosas and I love me some Perdomo goodness, who cares. I take the band off when it's time.. some times early, sometimes late, sometimes never.
[Reply]
ahc4353 08:52 AM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
So I was reading on CI the other day that some people believe it is in bad taste to leave the band on a cigar when you are in company. CI stated a few reasons for this, but the one that stuck out to me was that you wouldn't want to offend those you were smoking with if you were smoking a finer quality product.

So that leads me to ask, do you leave your band on when smoking or take it off? In addition, why?

Does anyone else feel like I just asked a test question? :-)
Now I have to worry if my cigar band offends anyone? ROFLMAO!! I just posted my thoughts on how far we have gone down this "do not offend anyone" road in another post.

Now that I think of it the guys that smoke the really great cigars here would be offended if they saw what I smoke. I'll take the bands off from now on guys I sure don't want to offend you. :-)
[Reply]
BryanB 09:52 AM 11-14-2008
I leave mine on unless I'm smoking at work and we don't sell them.
[Reply]
kfish 09:57 AM 11-14-2008
I leave it on until the burn gets close to it then I take it off and save it. I like for people to leave their bands on. That way I can see what they are smokin and ask them about it if it's a stick I haven't tried before.
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:01 AM 11-14-2008
Al, it seems that you offend many people around here. Thus the continual bombings and constant demand for future bombings. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:50 AM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Now that I think of it the guys that smoke the really great cigars here would be offended if they saw what I smoke. I'll take the bands off from now on guys I sure don't want to offend you. :-)
I'm sure that Vin will not be offended Al:-):-)

[Reply]
pipermacbean 08:09 AM 11-15-2008
Sometimes on, sometimes off... no rhyme or reason here.
[Reply]
icantbejon 09:01 AM 11-15-2008
[quote=andysutherland;68495]I heard that taking off the band was proper European etiquette. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall reading that somewhere.QUOTE]

Yeah, that's where I got this whole concept from. Proper English etiquette apparently says to take them off.
[Reply]
Dennis569 09:16 AM 11-15-2008
I reband Cremosas with expensive Cuban bands then act like a bigshot
a!!hole as I hand out a couple dozen to fellow smokers.
[Reply]
bigmidget 12:31 PM 11-15-2008
I usually remove...but only because I like to finger-stroke the wrapper. For me, the feel is as important as the flavour.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up