Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>NHL 2022 Playoffs
Porch Dweller 09:04 PM 05-31-2022
Just finished the Oilers-Avs game. I wonder what the over/under is for average goals per game for this series. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:05 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Just finished the Oilers-Avs game. I wonder what the over/under is for average goals per game for this series. :-)
I think the record for a Conference Final was 1985 Oilers - Blackhawks. The Hawks were the 2nd best team in the NHL from 85-88, but never made the Stanley Cup Final because they met the best team in the league in the Conference Final every year. :-) :-)

I was thinking 6 minutes into the game that it reminded me of the Oilers - Hawks of the mid 80s. Two minutes later, Eddie O says the same thing.

It's just great seeing the two best players in the league going head to head. And in the East, two of the best goalies in the league will do the same.

I love this time of year! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:21 PM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I think the record for a Conference Final was 1985 Oilers - Blackhawks. The Hawks were the 2nd best team in the NHL from 85-88, but never made the Stanley Cup Final because they met the best team in the league in the Conference Final every year. :-) :-)

I was thinking 6 minutes into the game that it reminded me of the Oilers - Hawks of the mid 80s. Two minutes later, Eddie O says the same thing.

It's just great seeing the two best players in the league going head to head. And in the East, two of the best goalies in the league will do the same.

I love this time of year! :-) :-) :-)
bUt I tHOugHt RasK reTirED :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:48 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
bUt I tHOugHt RasK reTirED :-)
Emphasis on "best"..... :-)

Wonderful seeing the Bolts get smoked by the Rangers. I'd love to see them make the Final.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:30 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Emphasis on "best"..... :-)

Wonderful seeing the Bolts get smoked by the Rangers. I'd love to see them make the Final.
I spent my formative years in Connecticut rooting for the Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots. I cannot bring myself to cheer on any NY team with two exceptions: '94 Rangers against Vancouver, and '93 Bills vs. Cowboys because eff the Cowboys.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:23 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I spent my formative years in Connecticut rooting for the Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots. I cannot bring myself to cheer on any NY team with two exceptions: '94 Rangers against Vancouver, and '93 Bills vs. Cowboys because eff the Cowboys.
I'm just hoping for a new Cup champion this season, and knocking off the Bolts would seal the deal.

For the record, I rooted for the Bruins in '11 against the Canuckleheads, and in 2019 against the Blows.
[Reply]
Up