Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Sports>NHL '16 - '17 Season Thread
icehog3 10:58 PM 01-24-2017
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
I reserve the right to over react.
Two back up goalies and you got a shutout and decent GAA and Save percentage. It was looking like you might have the goalies sewn up for the week until the Pred's guy sh!t the bed.
[Reply]
8lug 06:27 AM 01-25-2017
I'd like to see the 2 goalie rule also and to be able to add or drop the same day they play.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:34 AM 01-25-2017
We can put it to a vote in the off-season, I am totally against the same day add/drop though.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:17 AM 01-25-2017
Yah I think same day adds drops will really cause churn and just be a mess, the real time type waiver wire at least keeps it sane.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:54 PM 01-25-2017
Yah I think same day adds drops will really cause churn and just be a mess, the real time type waiver wire at least keeps it sane.
My thoughts as well.
[Reply]
nutcracker 06:40 PM 01-26-2017
Tom - your guy just earned top spot as worst anthem singer of all time.
Gads.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:24 AM 02-07-2017
Bruins fire Claude on a day when the news will be all about the parade, nice job in reducing the negative publicity on the team. They should have relieved Rask of his duties ... along with Don and Cam.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 09:33 AM 02-07-2017
While I love my Bruins, they have no class. They fired Claude Jullian this morning and holding a press conference set to start at 11:30. The EXACT moment of the Pats Victory Parade. The route is closed by the the Garden so no one can get there to attend the press conference. Neely and Sweeny have obviously gotten too many pucks to the head.:-) Butt holes!
[Reply]
8lug 10:31 AM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
While I love my Bruins, they have no class. They fired Claude Jullian this morning and holding a press conference set to start at 11:30. The EXACT moment of the Pats Victory Parade. The route is closed by the the Garden so no one can get there to attend the press conference. Neely and Sweeny have obviously gotten too many pucks to the head.:-) Butt holes!
gutless.........
[Reply]
8lug 10:33 AM 02-07-2017
Bruins fire Claude on a day when the news will be all about the parade, nice job in reducing the negative publicity on the team. They should have relieved Rask of his duties ... along with Don and Cam.
Neely should have gotten canned after last years piss poor performance.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 11:53 AM 02-07-2017
Neely and Sweeney are being ripped to shreds on sports talk radio. The reporters that showed up to the presser worked Sweeney over pretty good.
The gutless ball bag Neely did not even attend, it will be hard for them to recover from this?
[Reply]
Tio Gato 01:25 PM 02-07-2017
I called my brother when I heard the news. He said "They give him garbage players and expect him to do miracles." So true, reminds me of when Belichick took over as coach. He insisted on full control. "You can't expect me to make the dinner if you don't let me buy the groceries."
Guess I'm watching college hockey for the rest of the season.:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:37 PM 02-07-2017
http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...julien-firing/
[Reply]
mahtofire14 03:40 PM 02-07-2017
Big game tonight Tom!
[Reply]
mahtofire14 07:28 PM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Big game tonight Tom!
Whoops, looks like it's tomorrow...:-)

The Jets tonight. Good start. Good to see Coyle getting involved with 3 assists.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:30 AM 02-08-2017
Just another game 'til the playoffs, Pete. Wild are looking really good though. :-)

Bruins disappointed with there handling of the Julian firing. Like you Boston guys said, shoulda been Sweeney and Neely.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:57 PM 02-08-2017
Heckuva game tonight Tom! Some questionable calls on both teams but I have a feeling we'll be seeing you in the playoffs.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:21 PM 02-08-2017
Exciting game, Pete, but I have a hard time with that challenge as Parise was clearly offside according to Mike E., Eddie O. Pierre, Mike M. and anyone else with eyes. Oh well, won't be the last time.

I definitely hope for a second round matchup. I think the Wild will win the division, and the Hawks will get either the Preds or the Blues. Minni could definitely end up with one of those teams as the wild card. Both our teams will need to get through a tough series to get there, but I have a feeling they both will. :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 11:30 PM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Exciting game, Pete, but I have a hard time with that challenge as Parise was clearly offside according to Mike E., Eddie O. Pierre, Mike M. and anyone else with eyes. Oh well, won't be the last time.

I definitely hope for a second round matchup. I think the Wild will win the division, and the Hawks will get either the Preds or the Blues. Minni could definitely end up with one of those teams as the wild card. Both our teams will need to get through a tough series to get there, but I have a feeling they both will. :-)
Yeah I was shocked that goal didn't get overturned. I was at bowling and the whole alley groaned when they showed the replay. Ha. You could say they owed us one as we have had more than a couple goals taken away by refs this year on bad calls. One of your goals came shortly after that goalie interference call on Coyle that was highly questionable since he was checked into Crawford. They always even out by the end of the year.

Really looking forward to the postseason this year. I think we finally have the depth to contend seriously.
[Reply]
dvickery 01:00 AM 02-09-2017
As all other sports are trying to shorten the game ... the NHL comes up with a coaches challenge to stretch out ( interminably ) the game .

As has been said ... it all evens out by the end of the year .

Get rid of coaches challenges before it becomes embedded like ( yawn ) baseball .

Other than that ... a great game .

Derrek
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up