Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Most embarrassing cigar moments.
TheTraveler 08:28 AM 08-10-2009
I've not been smoking cigars long enough yet to have racked up any major embarrassing moments. Most of my faux-pas have been minor noob things like calling a cigar the wrong name, drooling a lot in the walk-in humidor (B&M owner makes me carry a handkerchief now :-) ), creating a cello-on/cello-off thread (on the old site) :-) , stuff like that. Well, once I dropped ash on a carpet my wife JUST finished cleaning but that wasn't too embarrassing, just awkward really.

Anyway, so who has a good embarrassing story they'd like to share? Anyone drop ash in someone's coffee cup? Cut someone's $$$ CC for them and do it badly and have the wrapper unroll? I'm at work and need a laugh so help me out!

:-)
[Reply]
Mark 08:35 AM 08-10-2009
I was smoking with a buddy recently, one who doesn't smoke much. We were talking and he put his cigar down to show me something, and when he came back, he put the foot in his mouth and burned the CRAP out of his lips! :-)

I felt bad, but seriously it was frickin' hilarious. :-)
[Reply]
aich75013 08:39 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Mark:
I was smoking with a buddy recently, one who doesn't smoke much. We were talking and he put his cigar down to show me something, and when he came back, he put the foot in his mouth and burned the CRAP out of his lips!

Oh. I did that once. But in my defense, I was completely trashed.

About 2 weeks ago, I toasted my cigar and then realized I hadn't cut it yet. Oops.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:17 AM 08-10-2009
Puking in Mean Darrell's backyard during a Herf!!!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:33 AM 08-10-2009
JohhnyKay5 and I were at a Carlos Torano event a few weeks ago...I am paying for a box of sticks and in the haste of putting my credit card back in my wallet, my stick got turned around and I took a nice big mouthful of burning foot in my mouth!!! YUMMY!!! I looked real quick to see if anyone "caught me" and proceded to rinse my burning lips off with some water as fast as I could.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:36 AM 08-10-2009
I cut a Lusi in half.:-)
I also smoked a cigar down to the band, forgot to remove it, and kept on smoking it, band and all.
[Reply]
Whee 09:36 AM 08-10-2009
Have actually done this a few times. Smoking a cigar and getting little bits of tobacco in my mouth from the cap. Set the cigar down, spit, and then pick the cigar back up and run my finger over it to brush off the bits. Only I brush the ash off with my finger...ouch!
[Reply]
Clampdown 09:40 AM 08-10-2009
Personal: Put my name on the Thompson's mailing list years ago after buying a relative a gift. Ugh, they wouldn't stop hounding me with their Iguana cigars and other crappy house brands.

Witness: I was at a "gentleman's" club years and years ago and the dancer came over to some schmuck with his hat to the side, and he was smoking some cigar the size of his arm. Well she bent down to get a dollar and he stood up and burnt her on the nipple with the end of his cigar. She screamed, hit him, and the guy was dragged out of the fine establishment by the bouncer.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 09:41 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I cut a Lusi in half.:-)
:-) How'd you manage that?!
[Reply]
Doctorossi 09:43 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
Personal: Put my name on the Thompson's mailing list years ago after buying a relative a gift. Ugh, they wouldn't stop hounding me with their Iguana cigars and other crappy house brands.
'Somebody tried to sell you some cigars' is an embarrassing moment? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:48 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
:-) How'd you manage that?!
If you have access to the "other" site, search Lusitania and read my review on it.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:51 AM 08-10-2009
If you've ever dealt with Thompson's you'd understand.

As a newb, I almost placed an order, then found multiple references to them on multiple sites and thought better of it.

They keep a lot of telemarketers employed.:-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:00 AM 08-10-2009
I used to order from Thompson's and was never harassed by them, but that was... maybe 15 years ago?
[Reply]
jjirons69 10:01 AM 08-10-2009
[Reply]
Darrell 10:23 AM 08-10-2009
I put the lit end of a Monte A in my mouth at Bob's. :-)
[Reply]
TheTraveler 10:27 AM 08-10-2009
These stories are bringing smiles to my otherwise crazy day! Thanks all. :-)
[Reply]
Clampdown 10:27 AM 08-10-2009
It was embarrassing that I bought from them and it was embarrassing every time the catalog came. So yes, you're correct in the assessment.
[Reply]
aich75013 10:35 AM 08-10-2009
I went to a LFD event at my local b&m. My friend never made it to the ash tray which was right in front of us.
It ended up on his pants every time.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 10:38 AM 08-10-2009
I also put the wrong end in my mouth when I was drunk. Luckily the cigar had went out so all I got was a mouth full of ash but no burns.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:05 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
I also put the wrong end in my mouth when I was drunk. Luckily the cigar had went out so all I got was a mouth full of ash but no burns.
I was drunk as well, and luckily the ash was long and cool. So all I got was a mouthful of cold ash, but man did it taste foul.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up