Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Billy mays secret?
Captain Crunch 09:06 AM 08-09-2009
Maybe if Billy Mays would've became a CA Fan, he wouldn't have to resort to Cocaine!!! Just a thought?
[Reply]
ucla695 09:47 AM 08-09-2009
Well, maybe an anti-drug message could be his greatest pitch. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:54 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Well, maybe an anti-drug message could be his greatest pitch. :-)
Only if it's already in the can....no new pitches coming from Mays.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 10:06 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Funny how NO ONE has pointed this out yet......but look how quick they jumped on the cocaine bandwagon..... :-)
They identified COCAINE in his system. That is not an opiate and it is not confusable with the other drugs he was prescribed in any analysis worth anything.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:10 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch:
Maybe if Billy Mays would've became a CA Fan, he wouldn't have to resort to Cocaine!!! Just a thought?
Yeah, we would've just had to deal with a bunch of reviews typed ALL IN CAPS. :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 08:49 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
They identified COCAINE in his system. That is not an opiate and it is not confusable with the other drugs he was prescribed in any analysis worth anything.
Great job quoting...did you BOTHER to read right above that??

Originally Posted by :
However, Mays was not intoxicated by any of the drugs when he died in his home, according to the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner
Nah, that would be too easy, right??

:-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:51 PM 08-09-2009

he did drugs he is dead lets move on, that is simple right?
[Reply]
SeanGAR 07:32 AM 08-10-2009

He had taken coke recently.

The fact that he wasn't actively snorting when he died is immaterial. Your post added nothing that wasn't obvious from the reports, and your apologetic tone and comment about prescription drugs is what is called a red herring.

He used coke and it probably contributed to his death. But don't take my word for it, ask the medical examiner.

He wasn't snorting when he died .. but cocaine use causes damage to the heart and increases the risk of heart attack. Ask John Entwistle.
[Reply]
landhoney 08:29 AM 08-10-2009
"Never trust anybody that dyes their beard" my momma used to say.
:-) Made me lol!
[Reply]
Starz26 08:38 AM 08-10-2009
If he used coke routinely then that could be a leading cause of his heart disease or at least make it worse.....

With that in mind, I remember seeing an episode of pitchmen where is daughter was on the show, I think the one where billy was wearing the Armour.. It breaks my heart to know that little girl has to grow up without her dad, and now is even worse that the media is making the last memories about him relate to drug use....

Regardless of what the man did or did not do, he had a family, seemed to be a good father, and transformed his profession. He seemed to be a good man by all other rights. Yes he made some bad choices that probably shortened his life. Some of us here are doing the same thing by smoking cigars (slim chance). We all have skeletons in our closet and I can only hope we are remembered for our more prevalent qualities and not our skeletons.

Let the man rest in peace......
[Reply]
SeanGAR 10:36 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Starz26:
It breaks my heart to know that little girl has to grow up without her dad, and now is even worse that the media is making the last memories about him relate to drug use....
I agree with you.

If I died unexpectedly, my family would probably have to deal with the publicity surrounding the cops finding the largest cache of midget monkey ornpay (known to man and simian alike) in my sock drawer.

Who'd want your last memory to be something negative like that (negative meaning I wasn't sharing).
[Reply]
Starz26 11:08 AM 08-10-2009
finding the largest cache of midget monkey ornpay (known to man and simian alike) in my sock drawer.
Hello brother!:-)

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up