Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Beyond pissed
cmitch 04:24 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not in Illinois, property damage H&R is a misdemeanor at most, sometimes a petty offense. Not sure about Florida.

Hope you find out the culprit, if not, that's what insurance is for.
My coworker found out the hard way about our suck a$$ laws in Alabama. A man ran a red light and clipped his rear bumper bending it. He takes off. My buddy follows and catches up to him in a gas station parking lot. Gets his tag number and gets out to confront him. He shoots a bird and off he goes. He calls police to report it. They told him to break off chase and they'd handle it. He went the next day to file report.

VB: I'm here to file a report for a hit and run I reported.
PoPo: (Rummaging through the computer for report and finds it) How much is damage?
VB: My buddy says he can fix it for $450.
PoPo: We're sorry sir but since it's less than $750, it's a Class C Misdemeanor which means that in order for charges to be filed, you have to swear out a warrant for his arrest for civil court. What's his name?
VB: Uh, I don't know. I gave YOU the tag number. Look it up.
PoPo: I'm sorry sir but we cannot reveal that information to you unless it's a felony case.
VB: How am I going to get the info?
PoPo: Hire a PI.
VB: Hire a PI when YOU have that info? Just give me his name and I'll sign the affidavit.
PoPo: Sorry sir but you must go to magistrate's office to sign the affidavit and to get a warrant.
VB: Will they give me his name?
PoPo: No sir. They cannot reveal that info unless it's a felony.
VB: Are you kidding me? You KNOW who it was that hit me and you can't do nothing because the damage isn't enough?
PoPo: Sorry sir but if you don't like the new law, talk to your local senator. We cannot give you his name but we cannot issue a warrant without you signing a complaint at clerk's office which requires his name. Hire a PI and they can get it for you. Then file the complaint.

No shiat. This is what went down. Bastages. He should have taken the truck to the dealer for an estimate.
[Reply]
equetefue 04:47 PM 01-27-2014
Damn Clayton, that's some true bull$Hit right there.

Well as an update, car is getting repaired on the week of Feb 10th. Can't wait
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:49 PM 01-27-2014
Did you find out who did it Edwin?
[Reply]
equetefue 05:12 PM 01-27-2014
Not at all. Looked at the parking lot every single day for over a week and no one
[Reply]
icehog3 05:18 PM 01-27-2014
Clayton, I would have gone back the next shift and told the next person the damage was $800. Seriously.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up