Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>My Father factory overuns from Atlantic
688sonarmen 05:04 PM 07-18-2012
Does anyone know what cigars these are? I'm trying to find out and can not match anything up that is blended by Jamie Garcia and has the same vitola and blend like the Atlantic site says.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/...y-Overruns.asp
[Reply]
bobarian 05:15 PM 07-18-2012
The term "overruns" is an advertising term with no legal constraints on its use. Much like "seconds", "factory rejects" and other terms being used in the industry.

These may or may not be part of a current line. They could also be made of "extra" tobacco leftover from a run and made into a different blend or using a different wrapper. :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:23 PM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
The term "overruns" is an advertising term with no legal constraints on its use. Much like "seconds", "factory rejects" and other terms being used in the industry.

These may or may not be part of a current line. They could also be made of "extra" tobacco leftover from a run and made into a different blend or using a different wrapper. :-)
Thank you, that clears things up a bit. I was thinking they went the New Havana Cigars route with this where it would be easy given the information to find out what they were.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:14 PM 07-18-2012
I've been insanely curious about these as well!
[Reply]
Dunkel 06:17 PM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Thank you, that clears things up a bit. I was thinking they went the New Havana Cigars route with this where it would be easy given the information to find out what they were.
What are the NHO's supposed to be:
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:22 PM 07-18-2012
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
What are the NHO's supposed to be:

I think you mean ELO's? If so some were Tatuaje Easties and Westies, #1 and #3 respectively I believe. The ELO #6 is the Verocu #9 and one of the others was a La Riquesa vitola and blend.
[Reply]
DaBear 09:53 PM 07-18-2012
Does anyone know what cigars these are? I'm trying to find out and can not match anything up that is blended by Jamie Garcia and has the same vitola and blend like the Atlantic site says.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/...y-Overruns.asp
Keep in mind, My Father factory produces all DPG and Jaime blends, plus most if not all Tats, and a couple others(601 IIRC), so these are not going to only be Jaimes
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:00 AM 07-19-2012
Ooops I misread and mistyped. I meant LHO's.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:43 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Keep in mind, My Father factory produces all DPG and Jaime blends, plus most if not all Tats, and a couple others(601 IIRC), so these are not going to only be Jaimes
The description when you click on the bundles says they blender is Jamie Garcia. Could be smoke and mirrors or could be like Bob said. I'm thinking its the latter because of the Corona coming in 2 wrappers and I can't find anything in a Corona made by My Father minus the C.I special but that does not account for the maduro wrapped one.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:44 AM 07-19-2012
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Ooops I misread and mistyped. I meant LHO's.
Little Havana Overruns made at the factory in Miami, I know Holts sells them but not sure of the blend.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:12 AM 07-19-2012
If they are in fact coming out of the Pepin factory my money is on they will be worth the money at that price point. It's rare to find a terd coming out of Pepins factory. If I had the extra storage space I would probably jump on a bundle and be the village guinea pig. :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 08:15 AM 07-19-2012
Little Havana Overruns made at the factory in Miami, I know Holts sells them but not sure of the blend.
They also used to make a very similar stick that was unbanded and the house blend for De La Concha in NYC. It's been a few years since I have had the chance to swing by so they may still have it but that too was a stellar smoke. When I was still living in NY and working in NYC they were part of my regular rotation.
[Reply]
smitty81 11:54 AM 07-26-2012
Has anyone tried any of these?
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:02 PM 11-02-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
Has anyone tried any of these?
What he said? Especially the corona size in the habano?
[Reply]
Up