Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Most embarrassing cigar moments.
Skywalker 11:52 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I put the lit end of a Monte A in my mouth at Bob's. :-)
Darrell, I did the same thing at your house one time and I thought nobody witnessed my stupidity... but no, Steve (Ratters) shouted, "Noob!!!" from across the garage!!!:-)
[Reply]
Dead Eye 12:10 PM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Is that a real cover ?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:24 PM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Dead Eye:
Is that a real cover ?
No.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 02:32 PM 08-10-2009
At a bachelor party, a little tipsy, was trying to light the cigar for about 5-10 minutes without cutting it.

At a BBQ one time I was getting animated during a discussion and moving my hands around a lot, and hit a passerby in the face with my cigar. OOPS
[Reply]
The Poet 02:40 PM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
It was embarrassing that I bought from them and it was embarrassing every time the catalog came. So yes, you're correct in the assessment.
I ordered one or two of Thompson's "crappy cigars with free humidor" deals 'way back when, and am not embarrassed when I still get a catalog in the mail. In fact, it's sort of fun to read what other people think are good buys. However, although the cheap hummies are fairly servicable, I am embarrassed that they have "Thompson" medallions glued onto them.

To avoid such embarrassment, they need to ship them bare-@$$ed. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:03 PM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I ordered one or two of Thompson's "crappy cigars with free humidor" deals 'way back when, and am not embarrassed when I still get a catalog in the mail. In fact, it's sort of fun to read what other people think are good buys. However, although the cheap hummies are fairly servicable, I am embarrassed that they have "Thompson" medallions glued onto them.

To avoid such embarrassment, they need to ship them bare-@$$ed. :-)
Mine came with the Thompson medallions in a baggie. They were optional as to whether you want to put them on yourself or not. I threw them in the trash. The humidor is still in good working order.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up