Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Tornados!
BlackDog 08:44 AM 08-09-2009
Yesterday evening I was just prepping to smoke a VR Classico when the tornado sirens went off. Me, being the stupid type, immediately rushed outdoors to see. Thankfully my neighborhood was undamaged, but there was substantial damage a mile or so north of us. The sky was sea green, and we could see the huge cloud the tornado dropped from, and smaller clouds moving in opposite directions. Lots of police and fire sirens heading north. Thankfully no one was injured. The area is blocked off, but I'm going to see later if they need volunteers to help clean up.

I smoked the Classico , but I couldn't tell you a thing about it. :-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 10:40 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Thankfully no one was injured.
That's the main thing!
[Reply]
G G 11:35 AM 08-09-2009
Good to hear everyone's alright.
[Reply]
M1903A1 12:21 PM 08-09-2009
Was the tornado still on the ground at the time you ran outside, or had it already passed or faded out by then?

In some regards the smaller tornadoes are the most dangerous, because they can touch down and be gone before the warning systems have a chance to detect and sound alarms.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 01:49 PM 08-09-2009
Having lived in Oklahoma for part of my child I love the science behind tornadoes, but I hate the damage and loss of life they can cause. If you have never seen one in person, it is an unbelievable site.

I am glad no one was hurt.
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:53 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
Was the tornado still on the ground at the time you ran outside, or had it already passed or faded out by then?
It was on the ground, or perhaps even had not formed yet when I first went outside. I get the sense that this one "hopped" around a bit, as the damage was spaced apart and very focused in certain areas.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 01:55 PM 08-09-2009
Have seen the sky go that colour here, of course you run outside and look, why not.:-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:56 AM 08-10-2009
Tornados don't play. I've seen some unbelievable damage done by those things.
[Reply]
Up