Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 26 of 29
« First < 16242526 2728 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>nice rums?
replicant_argent 07:57 PM 05-04-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
So I'm coming back from Mexico today and stop by the duty free. Hmm, Zacapa 23. I remember seeing it mentioned in this thread so I grab a bottle. Go to pay and find out two bottles are a special deal price. Okay, so I bought two. Having my first taste right now. :-)
That was about half an hour ago, so I bet you are smiling right now.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:19 PM 05-04-2012
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
That was about half an hour ago, so I bet you are smiling right now.
Oh yes, that's really good stuff. Very glad I bought two bottles.
[Reply]
Frodo 10:04 AM 05-05-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Oh yes, that's really good stuff. Very glad I bought two bottles.
Pairs brilliantly with Anejos (among others) IMHO...
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:39 AM 05-05-2012
Originally Posted by Frodo:
Pairs brilliantly with breathing
Fixed that for you.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:16 PM 05-07-2012
Happened to be in PA today and popped in a Total Wine and Spirits. Zaya was on sale for 32.99 which is cheaper than I've seen in NJ. Not my #1, but for that price I should have bought two!
[Reply]
Wanger 07:38 AM 05-08-2012
I am sadly out of a good sipper right now (aside from my cherished bottle of Guat Zaya). Need to get some soon...the weather is much more conducive to having a rum and cigar on the deck...when it hasn't been raining (which is rare these last couple weeks).
[Reply]
RGD. 10:34 AM 05-08-2012
Sea Wynde - 92 proof pot still rum.

So on Saturday Dave (N3UKA) was over for my daughters 21st birthday and brought along a bottle of Sea Wynde that he picked up and hadn't had before (while I have-still had one bottle on the shelf.)

So there we are out on the deck enjoying a smoke and doing shots while watching the short skirts and various female parts trying to escape from their tops. It all proved to be a very enjoyable night.

As I said we did shots all night with this bottle. After the first one, you let the initial burn subside and then you are good to go! Your mouth and throat are bathed in a nice honey, slightly fruity and subtle sweetness. Suffice to say that we may have shared 5 or 6 shots with others but the rest was ours and the next morning less than a 1/4 of the bottle was all that's left.

For some reason I can't remember the smokes that we had - :-)

So if you run across this very cool looking bottle with the pewter label on it - grab a bottle. Makes a nice addition to anybody's rum shelf.

Here is the website: http://www.castlebrandsinc.com/sea_wynde.php

I'm sure that it would make an excellent mixer if you choose - but use something that's not heavy on the syrup/sweet side.

Ron

[Reply]
big pete 02:25 AM 05-12-2012
I had a glass of the Zacapa XO last week and it was outstanding. If it wasn't so darn expensive, I would have bought 2-3 bottles already...
[Reply]
Ciro 12:43 PM 06-06-2012
El Dorado 15 Year is a great rum
[Reply]
dwoodward 09:02 PM 06-06-2012
Still loving the Appleton Estate Extra 12yr... it's about the best you can get here. Pretty tasty!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:38 PM 06-06-2012
Sipping on some Zaya right now. It's still good. They upped the price on the Zacapa Solera 23 at my liquor store. I may let it set on the shelf for a while.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:33 PM 01-23-2013
Grabbed these a week or so ago. They arrived today.

About as dark of a naturally spiced rum as I've seen (clear bottles). Ready aroma of Vanilla. Unlike many "spiced" rums that have the spices added after distillation, this rum IS NOT sweet. It has a bite, but that bite is short and easily enjoyable. Then, there's a very long after taste of dried fruit (maybe black cherry?). And retro-exhaling gives nice notes of vanilla. Glad I grabbed 2 of these!!
[Reply]
pnoon 11:36 PM 01-23-2013
Oh my!
Those look goooooood.
[Reply]
cobra03 11:59 PM 01-23-2013
Wow. Never heard of/ seen it before. Sounds pretty good though.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 12:33 AM 01-24-2013
Picked up my first bottle of Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 year old the other day. Tis good stuff :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:28 PM 02-05-2013
I picked up a bottle of "Ron Barcelo Imperial" this past week, and had some tonight, with an 06 HU No.2 while watching hockey. A very nice rum!
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:00 PM 02-05-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Oh my!
Those look goooooood.
Just so you know, those are CLEAR bottles the rum is in. The rum is that dark!!!!
[Reply]
pnoon 10:06 PM 02-05-2013
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Just so you know, those are CLEAR bottles the rum is in. The rum is that dark!!!!
Why do you torture me?
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:13 PM 02-05-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Why do you torture me?
I checked for it at a place called McScrooges in Knoxville today. They haven't heard of it. And they have about as good of a selection as I've seen outside of a "superstore" liquor retailer. I will say that their whiskey and Scotch selections cover about three times the space as their rum. Which is OK with me!!!:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:34 PM 02-05-2013
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I checked for it at a place called McScrooges in Knoxville today. They haven't heard of it. And they have about as good of a selection as I've seen outside of a "superstore" liquor retailer. I will say that their whiskey and Scotch selections cover about three times the space as their rum. Which is OK with me!!!:-)
The places I usually shop at don't carry it but I have found a couple places not too far away that do. Just have to get my ass in gear and go get some.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 29
« First < 16242526 2728 > Last »
Up