Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>early morning stick suggestion?
spectrrr 11:11 PM 06-07-2010
So I have traditionally been a night owl, but I'm thinking about changing that, and I'll need to develop a regular daily routine if I ever hope for those changes to stick.

I'm thinking about an EARLY morning cigar and coffee out on the deck while reading. This would be a near daily ritual.

Normally I smoke all kinds of stuff, but I often tend towards stronger sticks as long as its smooth. From tats to ashton to veguros to boli, I jump around a lot.

I'm looking for some suggestions on a mild morning cigar. Something tells me a Cain at 7am on an empty stomach wouldn't go over well! NC & CC are enjoyed equally. PRICE is a factor since it would be a daily thing.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:12 PM 06-07-2010
For CCs - anything ERDM or QdO. A PLPC might be nice, too.

Edit: Adding El Principe or RASCC. Not as mild but certainly a nice morning smoke over coffee.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:13 PM 06-07-2010
So is a DPG Firecracker out of the question?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:14 PM 06-07-2010
El Rey del Mundo Lunch Club
Hoyo du Prince
Quai D'Orsay Corona
Por Larranaga Montecarlo

right off the top of my head. :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:27 PM 06-07-2010
As far as NCs go...

5 Vegas gold
Perdomo Reserve Champagne
Oliva Connecticut (highly recommend)
Perdomo Lot 23
Oliva G Maduro
[Reply]
bobarian 11:45 PM 06-07-2010
My favorite morning smoke hands down is the Por Larranaga Panatela.
As the wise ones have said the ERDM Lunch Club is also a tasty morning smoke.
I would also add the ERDM Demi Tasse if you can find them. :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 01:18 AM 06-08-2010
mmm, thanks, some great suggestions there I'll be following up on.

Any ideas for a longer smoke? Some days I might be out there 20 minutes.... other days might be an hour+
[Reply]
benedic08 01:37 AM 06-08-2010
What i smoke every morning is 5 Vegas Gold Churchill . Not too expensive and for me its creaminess goes well with my coffee... Just my 2cents :-)
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 01:45 AM 06-08-2010
Fuente Magnum R 52... a lot of flavors that complement coffee, such as cream, almonds, and just a bit of cinnamon (and comparable) spice.

it's medium bodied, so for a full bodied smoker it will seem mild, and should serve well as a morning smoke.
[Reply]
spectrrr 02:14 AM 06-08-2010
hmmm, never had a 5 vegas gold, tho I've got one in the misc. bin of the humi for over a year now... that one should be smoking nice about now :-)

Fuente Magnum R 52..... never even heard of em before. They look tasty!

Guess I need to get out any ERDM and PL I have kicking around (I think I've got at least a couple) and smoke em next to the Lot 23 and Vegas Gold I got and see if any of em strike my fancy :-)

Thanks a bunch for the recommendations!

Here's a bit of a stretch - anyone know of a long and skinny cigar (lancero'ish) thats also mild? I know those two generally don't go together as often....
anyone had the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real "Porto Real"? (bit pricey tho)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:27 AM 06-08-2010
I prefer a pipe in the morning.
[Reply]
spectrrr 02:30 AM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I prefer a pipe in the morning.
That was actually my first thought, but I'll be doing primarily biblical study, and I don't want to be constantly tending to the pipe. Cigar makes things a lot simpler. Shame too, pipes are soooooooooooo much cheaper!
[Reply]
alwayslit 03:24 AM 06-08-2010
Hemi short story or signature ,don carlos #3 or #4, LGC #1,slr a, plpc.
[Reply]
nayslayer 05:04 AM 06-08-2010
RYJ Bully My favorite light smoke
[Reply]
tomc3084 05:44 AM 06-08-2010
I have to agree with those who have suggested Por Larranaga's
[Reply]
massphatness 05:54 AM 06-08-2010
If price is a factor, Francis, PLPCs are the way to go. You can usually grab a 50 cab on sale for decent money every so often. If you're looking for a longer lasting smoke, maybe look into a cab of Choix.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RHNewfie 06:07 AM 06-08-2010
When I am lucky enough to do my seminary study outside I have either a PLMC, LgCMdO3, or an Oliva V Lancero.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:50 AM 06-08-2010
I'm gonna sing the same song I always sing when asked about a good mild stick: Don Diego; they come in a lot of vitolas, they're super smooth and creamy, they have excellent construction and burn and they don't cost a lot. Important if you'll be smoking one every day.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:52 AM 06-08-2010
Oliva Connecticut Lonsdale :-) (skip the larger ring gauges as they suck)

CC's - SCdlH El Principe
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:23 AM 06-08-2010
Padron Princpe Maduro is also very nice.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up