Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Flor Dominicana tubo 200
Don Fernando 05:57 AM 12-15-2010
I like most La Flor Dominicana cigars and when I got my hands on this beautiful tubo I was pretty excited. According to the website these cigars are medium to full flavored and made with a Nicaraguan binder, an Ecuadorian Connecticut seed wrapper and a Piloto Cubana filler that is grown on the La Flor Dominicana estate farm.

The tube is beautiful, black with a beautiful purple flower. Inside is a light brown colored 6x44 cigar with an oily wrapper with some veins. I smell wood and even a light cinnamon smell. The construction feels good. The predraw is fine and I taste a bit of a cardboard taste with a little spice.

I taste dry wood with some pepper, but the pepper disappears almost immediately. I like the flavors although they are quite mild and flat.

After an inch and a half the cigar gets a bit musty. Halfway the cigar gets a bit stronger and I taste herbs with the wood, and a mild sweetness.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and twenty five minutes. The draw was really good, but the smoke is thin and I don't get much smoke anyway. The ash is light colored and compact but not firm at all. The burn is straight as an arrow. I got a huge flame when purging. This cigar is medium bodied and medium flavored at most.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I had better La Flor Domincana cigars.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:07 AM 12-15-2010
Nice review Ferdie.
[Reply]