Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Luis "Secretos del Maestro" Robusto
Lumpold 10:20 AM 11-29-2010
This stick is rolled by the fine fellows at Vegas de Santiago cigars in sunny Costa Rica. Which is in complete contrast to the 32*, dark and cloudy England in which I smoked it. I received this cigar as a sampler of 3 from http://www.costaricacigarstore.com/ and am reviewing it as promised!

This is a 5x50 stick, with a nice milk chocolate wrapper, with a few minor veins, smooth as ice. It is firm with a nice amount of give, and the pre-light draw is good with a nice sweet coffee.

Rounding up the dogs, I light the cigar and head out of the front door.

The first third of this cigar is a beautiful, creamy, sweet spice (think Big Red without the cinnamon), with espresso and leather. It's a really nice start to the cigar. There's a lot of smoke, which is also good.

Into the second third, the sweetness starts to drop off, and the spice and leather pick up. The creaminess and coffee remain, making me think of a nice cappuccino feel in the back ground. The ash is firm and hold on well, up until the half way mark. My fingers are freezing, it's that cold out, but the cigar is making it worthwhile.

On my way back round on the walk, my phone runs out of battery, so the rest of the photos are better, and in my house.

Breaking into the final third of this cigar, it seems to do a complete turn around, and heads back to the flavour profile of the first third, but with a little added spice. This is a good, well made cigar, and the flavours are really nice. There are hints of cedar throughout, but not as a permanent marker.

Coming to the end, and I've enjoyed this smoke enough to take a stupid picture of me smoking the end...

Overall...

This is a really good cigar, and even more so when you consider the price point - a box of 20 for $72. Or a mazo of 25 for $70. I am gonna have to check how much I have left after Christmas presents, and then I will be picking myself up a box of these (and maybe the coronas) as a present to myself!
[Reply]
longknocker 10:39 AM 11-29-2010
Nice Review & Pics, Lumpy! Sounds Like A Great Stick!:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:04 PM 11-29-2010
I like all their blends, Rudy makes nice smokes for little money
[Reply]
Up