Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Coffee Discussion>Maxwell House or Folgers
Tazziedevil 06:36 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
I'll take either of those over the coffee at work. It's called McGregor's Gourmet Blend or somesuch. In other words, it's the Sav-A-Lot store brand. It's absolutely horrid. I watch security cameras in a dim, windowless room, so I drank it because the wretched stomach cramps it delivers almost instantly keep me awake. But it made me crap blood, so I decided drinking lots of water and holding my pee for hours was slightly preferrable. For a drink with over 500 carcinogens in every cup, I figure I might as well, at the very least, slightly enjoy it.

I can enjoy a cup of Folger's or Maxwell House purdy'd up with lots of cream n' sugar and made correctly in a fair-quality machine. McGregor taught me a valuable lesson in appreciating what you've got...
Its amazing how sexy it can seem to be a coffee drinker after reading that post :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
AzonCigars 09:58 PM 01-06-2009
I like Archer Farms Organic coffee for my house. For lattes, Starbucks.

We are getting Lavazza Coffee and Espresso for the lounge (its my favorite).
[Reply]
Cigary 03:23 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by piperman:
I buy Dukin Dounuts coffee
Ditto on this,,was really surprised about this brand as I felt the need for coffee one day as fast I could get it and lo and behold I was near a Dunkin Donuts,,give me 6 glazed donuts and a large coffee,,,,wow, pretty good!
[Reply]
MikeyC 03:28 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Of the canned supermarket stuff, I think Eight O'clock coffee is fairly decent. I can't stand Folgers.
I saw some show one time on PBS . . . "America's Test Kitchen" I believe was the name. They tested various coffees and 8 O'Clock came out on top I believe.

Originally Posted by Tombstone:
I saw that in the store the other day. I might need to try some
Awful just awful coffee when you buy it at the supermarket. For some reason, coffee in an actual Dunkin Donuts store is way better and has more flavor. The stuff at the supermarket is extremely bland and flavorless.
[Reply]
CigaSkills9 09:03 PM 01-15-2009
HHHHmmmmm! Maxwell House in the pot, but Folger's Instant(like a teabag) for work! Quick and easy!
[Reply]
Mister Moo 11:54 AM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by Tombstone:
What is the best generic or common man's coffee?
The best common mans coffee is .... TA DAA! Homeroasted 100% arabica Costa Rican Tarrazu.

The rest of this stuff is just too.... ick.
[Reply]
floydpink 01:25 PM 01-16-2009
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
The best common mans coffee is .... TA DAA! Homeroasted 100% arabica Costa Rican Tarrazu.

The rest of this stuff is just too.... ick.
How ironic! I just picked up a pound of that today as it was coming out of the roaster. The bad was still warm and that was nice on this frigid day.

Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man" was on the radio as I pulled away....
[Reply]
Starscream 02:32 PM 01-16-2009
Kroger brand coffee or Millstone flavored coffee.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up