Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Coffee Discussion>good espresso beans?
cherrybomb 06:47 PM 02-22-2009
just figured you guys could give a fellow some suggestions:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:05 PM 02-22-2009
Espresso Forte from Peets.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:15 PM 02-22-2009
Remember, you don't need someones "espresso roast" for good espresso. A bean that hasn't had the flavor burnt out of it by some hack can make a magical cup. The right grind and overall flavor profile is more important, in my opinion.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 05:46 AM 02-23-2009
No espresso beans per se - just bean (or beans) roasted (or blended) to accomplish what someone thinks is a balanced flavor profile that works well with the peculiar espresso brewing process. For me, a great espresso blend doesn't necessarily taste good outside the espresso brewing process and a great single origin bean that produces stellar drip (or moka) doesn't usually make good espresso.

What are you brewing with?

Consider for espresso machine:
Intelligensia Black Cat
Tula from UncleBeanz - Uncle named this after his mom, it must be excellent
Illy (according to millions but a mystery why to me)
Malabar Gold (fawned over by many, despised by others - I love it)

Consider for mokapot:

Central American beans
[Reply]
Bigwaved 06:31 AM 02-23-2009
look up Stumptown Roasters on one of your internets. Hairbender is dandy. Another to look up is GoodBean Coffee. Look for Dark Mountain.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:26 AM 02-23-2009
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:

Consider for espresso machine:
Intelligensia Black Cat
Have hear good things about the Black Cat. Italy has a ton of vacuum bagged coffees like Danesi, Lavazzia, as well as canned one like Illy. I find many of the Italian bagged coffees to be too high in caffiene for my taste, and you have to read the expiration dates (or at least know there is one) before deciding to purchase.

In the end, it's like cigars; everyone has an opinion on what is the best, so you'll have to form your own opinion.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 11:43 AM 02-23-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Have hear good things about the Black Cat.
Took me years of hearing about it to finally try some. Spot on for my taste.
[Reply]
Swampper 11:48 AM 02-23-2009
+1 for Black Cat

Also, if you have a local roaster, try to support them.
[Reply]
MrJerry 08:17 AM 02-25-2009
You should also give my seven bean blend of espresso called Electric Chair Espresso a try.
[Reply]
floydpink 08:31 AM 02-25-2009
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
look up Stumptown Roasters on one of your internets. Hairbender is dandy. Another to look up is GoodBean Coffee. Look for Dark Mountain.
He speaks the truth. Hairbender is awesome.
[Reply]
cherrybomb 09:14 AM 02-25-2009
thanks guys
[Reply]
Up