Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>2011 Go Giants, Back-2-Back World Champions !!
BigAsh 12:39 PM 08-08-2011
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound:
I would agree, and wasn't a big fan of picking up Beltran. Would have prefered a Pence, Upton, or Rasmus type of player and not just a rental. I'm hoping it's just an early chemistry thing and they get it figured out soon. Keppinger had a nice day yesterday, unfortunately, he's been hitting into too many dp's.
....chemistry/Beltran....hmmmmm.....Keppinger doing well over all...
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:56 AM 08-09-2011
Ok, so the only one to get suspended from last friday's melee was Victorino!....no Ramirez, no Whiteside (the jumping maniac!)....I don't get it...What are the thoughts of SF Giants fans?...Fair?
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 11:48 AM 08-09-2011
The way I look at it was that Victorino is the one that "started" the brawl (if you can call it that). Yes, I know Ramirez hit him intentionally which "technically" started it, but look what happened a few days before when Pujols got hit. Did Pujols charge/walk to the mound? No, he walked to first like he's supposed to when he gets hit. What do the Cards do, hit Braun. Obviously intentional! Did Braun get pissed and walk/charge the mound? Nope, he understands baseball. You hit our guy, we hit your guy. It's not like Ramirez threw at his head. If the Phills would have hit a Giants guy the next game, so be it! Take it like a man Victorino!

Now, was it right to hit Victorino in the first place? It's a tweener to me. I don't blame Jimmy for stealing 2nd. It was only 5 or 6 runs with what 3 or 4 innings left. Easy for most teams to come back from, but not the Giants :-) But if Victorino wants to be pissed at someone it should have been Jimmy.

You asked, so that's my :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 11:55 AM 08-09-2011
The way I look at it was that Victorino is the one that "started" the brawl (if you can call it that). Yes, I know Ramirez hit him intentionally which "technically" started it, but look what happened a few days before when Pujols got hit. Did Pujols charge/walk to the mound? No, he walked to first like he's supposed to when he gets hit. What do the Cards do, hit Braun. Obviously intentional! Did Braun get pissed and walk/charge the mound? Nope, he understands baseball. You hit our guy, we hit your guy. It's not like Ramirez threw at his head. If the Phills would have hit a Giants guy the next game, so be it! Take it like a man Victorino!

Now, was it right to hit Victorino in the first place? It's a tweener to me. I don't blame Jimmy for stealing 2nd. It was only 5 or 6 runs with what 3 or 4 innings left. Easy for most teams to come back from, but not the Giants :-) But if Victorino wants to be pissed at someone it should have been Jimmy.

You asked, so that's my :-)
that's why they call it the "left" coast....:-)....I think Whiteside instigated the bench clearing....by his actions, he was looking for a fight....funny though Bill, I didn't see the game, just the fight on the news....so the steal is news to me...not sure that quite justifies the bean ball, but its baseball....
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 12:09 PM 08-09-2011
I hear ya with Whiteside, Keith. I really thought he and Ramirez would get a game too.
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:27 PM 08-09-2011
I hear ya with Whiteside, Keith. I really thought he and Ramirez would get a game too.
That's what I'm saying....under the old "two-to-tango" theory...
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 12:36 PM 08-09-2011
Agree, but again, if Victorino walks his arse down to first like he:-) supposed to, no suspension.
[Reply]
BigAsh 01:02 PM 08-09-2011
hahaha....speaking of tango, we could do this dance all day....:-).....did you hear about the 9 yr old hit by a car outside the stadium after Friday's game?....lives a few blocks from me....haven't heard if he's home yet
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 01:51 PM 08-09-2011
We sure could, Keith. No I didn't hear about that, hope he's okay. Go Phillies tonight! Beat the hell out of the Dodgers :-) Plus I have Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels on my fantasy team :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:11 PM 08-09-2011
not a bad couple fantasy pitchers....wins, era and K's for sure....heres an article:

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011...-and-run-crash
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 03:40 PM 08-09-2011
Glad to hear the kid is okay. Thanks for the link :-)
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 09:35 PM 08-17-2011
Good thing we were up 6 going into the 9th tonight because we needed almost the entire cushion. Was not happy seeing the tying run come to the plate, but a win is a win. Cain was awesome tonight! AND the D-Backs finally lost again.
[Reply]
Montano 05:57 PM 09-01-2011
Put a fork in them ??
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 05:59 PM 09-01-2011
Unless we sweep the D-backs this weekend, I think so.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up