Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Sports>Tour de France 2011
Don Fernando 03:01 PM 07-14-2011
I wasn't able to watch todays race, but damn, I had high hopes for Gesink this year and he sucked today.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 03:19 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I wasn't able to watch todays race, but damn, I had high hopes for Gesink this year and he sucked today.
You missed a good one, Ferdie! I don't know if you have access to watch at least parts of it somewhere, but as far as highlights go, the Leopard-Trek train up the Col du Tourmalet was amazing (Cancellara did a tremendous amount of work at the front for quite a long time), as was the group with the Schlecks, Basso, Evans, and Contador over the last 5K or so of the stage.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:58 AM 07-15-2011
I might be able to see the highlights of yesterdays stage today. I was at the Amsterdam dungeons with some collegues yesterday, guess who they picked to demonstrate a torture chair ............ I need to learn to keep my mouth shut at certain times :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 07:17 PM 07-21-2011
WHAT A GREAT RACE TODAY! I am surprised and actually a bit disappointed that Voeckler kept yellow.

Now with "57 on Cadel, AS has his odds go to dead even with Cadel, both the odds on favorites now to win....

Tomorrow is going to be fun....and here is to hoping Andy and Frank put more time into the field...:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:19 AM 07-22-2011
finally some fireworks, Andy Schleck killed Contador which I didn't expect after the last few days. I'm not disappointed in Voeckler, he's doing great and I kinda like that he kept yellow with just a few seconds to spare, just like in 2004 when he fought to keep yellow and managed with 22 seconds to spare. What a fighter.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 05:41 AM 07-22-2011
I agree with Ferdie on Voeckler. As much as I love Andy, Stage 18 must have really been the ride of Voeckler's life, and and I'm impressed with him hanging on to the yellow. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he lost it today on l'Alpe d'Huez, but congrats to him for fighting and holding on to it one more day. Extremely impressive riding by Andy and a great plan by Leopard-Trek overall. Today will be interesting, because I think Andy really has to put more time into Evans before the time trial. Both worked hard yesterday, so maybe one of the sleepers who didn't do so much work (Frank?) will be able to make something of himself today.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:51 AM 07-22-2011
I'd love to see Voeckler win, but it's a long shot. Perhaps the other GC riders will beat each other up today and Voeckler can just hang on? Time trial will hurt his chance if Evans or Schleck stay close. I hope for a battle royale today.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:50 AM 07-22-2011
Voeckler doesn't stand a chance, it would surprise me if he ends up in the top 3 at all with his time trial skills. Andy & Frank Schleck will have to attack today otherwise Evans will win the tour.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:53 AM 07-23-2011
I'd love to see Evans win via TT today!
[Reply]
E.J. 08:06 AM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I'd love to see Evans win via TT today!
Agreed, by 2" over Andy Schleck....:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:37 AM 07-23-2011
impressive

and I must say, kudos to Contador the last few days, he tried, attacked where he could and did his utmost best to win some time back.
[Reply]
E.J. 04:45 PM 07-23-2011
I went on a ride instead of watching today....glad I did.... It isn't that I don't want Cadel to win, I just was hoping for AS....

Agree Ferdie....Contador went to another level the past 2 days.... Hell of a run after dominating the Giro.
[Reply]
Noodles 07:21 AM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Voeckler doesn't stand a chance, it would surprise me if he ends up in the top 3 at all with his time trial skills. Andy & Frank Schleck will have to attack today otherwise Evans will win the tour.
Voeckler and his time trialing skills? Surely you jest. Prior to this tour, his ITT time was always in the bottom half of the standing.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:33 AM 07-27-2011
Yes, that's what I'm saying Noodles, please read carefully.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up