Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Favorite Parks, Stadiums or Arenas????
icehog3 11:47 PM 06-29-2011
R.I.P. 1929-1994
:-)

[Reply]
elderboy02 05:03 AM 06-30-2011
I went to Wrigley Field when I was a kid. I loved it. The ivy is simply awesome and you don't see that anywhere else.

I also love the Reds stadium, Great American Ball Park. You can look out onto the river and see the boats go by.
[Reply]
jledou 05:31 AM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by jsnake:
I haven't been to many places but there is nothing like catching a Kansas City Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium. It is the atmosphere that is amazing. An old stadium that was made right. So loud you can't hear squat.
Even being a Raiders fan I love going out to Arrowhead to watch the games.

You're in the minority if you don't have a grill going before the game, fans are "football" fans and for the most part are 100% respectful to everyone minus the occasional bad egg you get in every crowd.

We will be out there again this Christmas Eve to watch the Raiders v Chiefs game (assuming it happens :-) ) because nothing says Love, Peace and Goodwill like a heated Rivalry!

Favorite game I have been to out there so far was the Chiefs/Raiders Christmas game about 6 years ago for the same reasons above.
[Reply]
357 06:07 AM 06-30-2011
Although Comerica is nice, Tiger Stadium held some good memories. Not a lot of them, but a few good ones. I loved that centerfield was 440 ft. You just don't see that anymore.
[Reply]
baddevildog82 06:32 AM 06-30-2011
I like Camden Yard in Baltimore. It is a nice stadium with good views of the Baltimore skyline. The best part though, is that it is in the middle of downtown and you can go to a ton of great bars and restaurants before or after the game.

AT&T park is another great park. My family and friends used to take our boats from Stockton, CA in to the SF bay and stay at Pier 40 which is right next to the stadium. The stadium is great and they sell day of game tickets in the outfield cheap!
[Reply]
Kneo 03:51 PM 06-30-2011
I haven't been to a lot, but I love Kinnick.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 03:59 PM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Kneo:
I haven't been to a lot, but I love Kinnick.
Why?
[Reply]
kaisersozei 04:24 PM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by baddevildog82:
I like Camden Yard in Baltimore. It is a nice stadium with good views of the Baltimore skyline. The best part though, is that it is in the middle of downtown and you can go to a ton of great bars and restaurants before or after the game.
I'll throw another vote this way. Went there for the first time a few weeks ago--awesome venue, very clean, not a bad seat in the house from what I could tell, and great food. Being right down the street from the Inner Harbor is a big plus, too.

For football, I've been to plenty of Redskins' games at FedEx--it sucks. Can't even compare to the old RFK Stadium, where the bleachers would sway & the entire stands would vibrate when the fan's intensity got too loud. Superdome is nice as well, but only for big Bowl games.

For concerts & performances, the nicest place I've been to is the Kennedy Center.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:46 PM 06-30-2011
The Swamp!!!
[Reply]
icehog3 06:57 PM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
The Swamp!!!
Definitely my favorite football venue!! Image
[Reply]
Kneo 06:57 PM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Why?

Not sure. Home of the Hawkeyes, the music played before a game, just like the feel of the place.
[Reply]
Stephen 08:09 PM 06-30-2011
The ones I've been to that I've thoroughly enjoyed:

Camden Yards
At&T Park
PNC Park (too bad they can't field a team to match their stadium, I think it's one of the best in baseball)
Lambeau Field
Soldier Field (before the renovation)
M&T Bank Stadium
[Reply]
Coach Deg 02:24 PM 07-01-2011
Sitting at the Holy Grail( sports bar right across) from great American ball park. Did a stadium tour and reds hall of fame. Really neat stadium on the water. A lot of building going on around the park( micro brewery will be done in October.)

Reds hall of fame was very cool.

They don't mention Pete much but have a lot of references to him.

I can't upload pictures till I get home next Thursday.
[Reply]
area51 02:25 PM 07-01-2011
I love Fenway and Yankee probably followed by Citi
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up