Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>I blew up my face...
RevSmoke 09:17 AM 03-24-2012
Ouch! Hope all is well. I was reading something about egg whites on first degree burns - get the yolks out, and blend them up with a fork, and then apply them to the burn.

I don't know how long after the burn you can do this, but I know of almost miraculous effect when done immediately.

Will pray you heal speedily.
[Reply]
cmitch 09:21 AM 03-24-2012
My friend Freddie's face caught fire and I threw a glass of Black Label Jack on him. I mean, it's good intentions that count, right?
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:45 AM 03-24-2012
:-)
[Reply]
smitty81 09:47 AM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
So I have this big royal torch lighter I use sometimes, today I had just refilled it and went to use it when BOOM. The stem blew out the end sprayed butane everywhere and set my head and shirt on fire. It was good times, so I'm sitting here with one eyebrow, no arm hair, and waiting for the blisters to start to come upon my face, oh and no eye lashes either. Stupid cheap lighter...
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
bobarian 09:53 AM 03-24-2012
What is it that you guys find so amusing about burn victims? Lots of pretty pictures can be found with a Google search, but there is no need for the OP to post pics for your amusement. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:56 AM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
What is it that you guys find so amusing about burn victims? Lots of pretty pictures can be found with a Google search, but there is no need for the OP to post pics for your amusement. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 10:11 AM 03-24-2012
Not for amusement. He said it was good times. I am curious to see exactly what kind of damage that could cause.

I am not meaning to laugh at it what so ever.

If the thread starter took my post pics deal that way, I am very sorry.

Hope all is well and no blisters come.
[Reply]
BTcigars 10:15 AM 03-24-2012
Damn sorry to hear that! Hope your recovery is speedy.
[Reply]
Islayphile 10:31 AM 03-24-2012
It's a shame you didn't get any pics....would've been perfect for the

Pictures of you smoking! thread
[Reply]
Jasonw560 10:38 AM 03-24-2012
As a human being, I sincerely hope you're okay.

The paramedic side of me would like to see pics, just for an assessment tool for 1st degree burns.

The cigar smoker in me wants to see them as to what could happen with a lighter like this. As well as the damage to the lighter.
[Reply]
smitty81 10:41 AM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Pretty sure if he's on here talking about his singed eyebrows and hair, he's probably ok.

It would be a whole different story if he had to go to the hospital for the burns.

I AM GLAD that your ok on that note.
[Reply]
Silound 11:13 AM 03-24-2012
Sadly, this is why I use matches mostly.

I had one literally rupture in my hand while testing it at the shop (very old Colibri, one of the good ones). The valve fell apart where the plastic fuel tank had become brittle, and the last little poof of remaining fuel escaped violently and flared all around my hand for a moment (ignited by my other hand that held a soft flame lighter to test the fuel flow). Pure luck that I didn't suffer more than a minor flash burn on the top side of my knuckles.
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:00 PM 03-24-2012
Oh damn.Glad it wasn't worse man...
[Reply]
cmitch 01:09 PM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
Pretty sure if he's on here talking about his singed eyebrows and hair, he's probably ok.

It would be a whole different story if he had to go to the hospital for the burns.

I AM GLAD that your ok on that note.
But there's no way to tell from an online post if he's mumbling through bandages . . .
[Reply]
smitty81 01:10 PM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by cmitch:
But there's no way to tell from an online post if he's mumbling through bandages . . .
he said he was ok.......................vvvvvvvvvvv

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Maybe a trip to the E.R. to make sure it isn't too serious?
Originally Posted by oooo35980:
It isn't too bad, I've had some basic first aid training in the military, just 1st degree over the right side of my face, hurts like hell but it will heal, the wife is still scared from seeing my upper half on fire I think. She was screaming "STOP DROP AND ROLL" at the top of her lungs and throwing things. The torch is pretty good size and I have to admit the fireball was pretty huge, it could have done alot more damage than it did.

I give up
[Reply]
jluck 01:30 PM 03-24-2012
Glad your Ok man!

I give up
Smitty had a good idea finally! :-) :-)
[Reply]
smitty81 01:37 PM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Glad your Ok man!

Come on people.

Have you ever watched Americas funniest home videos?

You laugh at those people and I'm positive some of those people have to go to the hospital for medical help.

I don't think i really need to argue my case anymore.

He's not seriously hurt, burnt some hair and minor burns.

god, relax.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:39 PM 03-24-2012
Come on people.

Have you ever watched Americas funniest home videos?

You laugh at those people and I'm positive some of those people have to go to the hospital for medical help.

I don't think i really need to argue my case anymore.

He's not seriously hurt, burnt some hair and minor burns.

god, relax.
Put the shovel down and move on.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:45 PM 03-24-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
:-) His streak of intelligent posts lasted 20 minutes and one followup. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:55 PM 03-24-2012
We could try something really different and talk about cigars...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up