Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Xikar Xi3 or Palio cutter?
ApexAZ 07:17 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT:
Guess this thread got bumped again haha I ended up getting the Palio.

That's a great photo, Chris. Looks like it belongs in an ad. Great job with the lighting and exposure.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 07:55 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
That's a great photo, Chris. Looks like it belongs in an ad. Great job with the lighting and exposure.
You're never going to believe I took that with my iPhone :-)

Took a little bit of playing around with lighting angles and focus but that was about it.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 08:02 PM 02-06-2012
It's a nice shot and just goes to show that any camera can produce interesting photos :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 08:04 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
It's a nice shot and just goes to show that any camera can produce interesting photos :-)
[Reply]
maconusmile 08:12 PM 02-06-2012
Geez.. I have been eye balling Palio's for quite awhile. I used the cheap plastic cutters for years, then upgraded to a Xikar. That is all I have used for quite some time now, but since reading this thread I think I am gonna have to break down and buy a Palio. You guys sure do know how to get in my wallet lol...
[Reply]
icehog3 08:15 PM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by Islayphile:
Yes sir...Xikar looks cool but the Palio is a fine tool that does it's job perfectly.

Well over 1,000 cigars cut and the blades are just as sharp as when it was new.
:-)
[Reply]
WeekendSmoker 04:11 PM 02-19-2012
My Xikar just stopped working - the spring or whatever it is inside no longer pushes the blades out.
Any suggestions?
WeekendSmoker
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:12 PM 02-19-2012
Originally Posted by WeekendSmoker:
My Xikar just stopped working - the spring or whatever it is inside no longer pushes the blades out.
Any suggestions?
WeekendSmoker
Send it back or take to where you bought it...they carry a lifetime warranty.
[Reply]
WeekendSmoker 04:22 PM 02-19-2012
Good point - completely forgot about that!
I don't remember where I got it (I have a few Xikars and only one Palio) but I'll contact them and see what happens.

Rgds
WeekendSmoker
[Reply]
joeobx 04:25 PM 02-19-2012
I have a Palio and X8.....Use the x8 99% of the time.
[Reply]
WeekendSmoker 04:45 PM 02-19-2012
I use(d) the Xikar simply because thye are always on top of my humis.... I don't like the blade thickness though because when your cigar is a bit on the dry side it can crack the wrapper a bit as it slices through. I think that generally the thinner the cutting blade is the better.
Rgds
WeekendSmoker
[Reply]
falconman515 10:44 PM 02-19-2012
Originally Posted by maconusmile:
Geez.. I have been eye balling Palio's for quite awhile. I used the cheap plastic cutters for years, then upgraded to a Xikar. That is all I have used for quite some time now, but since reading this thread I think I am gonna have to break down and buy a Palio. You guys sure do know how to get in my wallet lol...
Yep ... was in the Puff Chat and EVERYBODY said Palio hands down! I have had the Xikar Xi1 for a couple months and though it looked cool I wasnt a fan of large blades and the way you kind of had to palm it to cut instead of the regular old school thumb and middle finger action, plus I have read the Xikars are a bit rough when cutting the cap due the large blades and I have had a couple wrappers come apart after a cut which made me not to happy when trying to smoke and pull the wrapper apart even more..

I have since sold the Xikar on the forum to another brother and ordered the Palio Carbon Fiber from CBID for $32 shipped ... it will arrive this coming Thursday!

Hope I made the right choice ... if not it gives me a reason to use the palio as my car / travel cutter and search for something new.

It seems though after hearing everybody rave in the chat and this thread plus many other threads about this .... that the Palio is the clear cut choice for cutter among 2/3 of users if not more!

I will let you know what I think after it arrives. :-)
[Reply]
Tbagley 03:08 PM 03-22-2012
Ok, who's got the skinny on the best deal on a Palio original or carbon fiber cutter?
[Reply]
emopunker2004 03:11 PM 03-22-2012
most likely cbid or one of the daily deal sites
[Reply]
Tbagley 03:27 PM 03-22-2012
emo, thanks but I just rather buy one out right compared to the auction bidding war!
[Reply]
pnoon 03:31 PM 03-22-2012
Cigar Solutions is a good choice. RonC is a member here.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Da Klugs 03:33 PM 03-22-2012
Was a Xikar user converted to Palio 7 years ago. Palio is much easier to get a quality cut with.

But... If you are skilled with the xikar, I always preferred the cut they can make, its just a little different/more rounded vs the crisp straight cut of the palio. Then again, pretty easy to F it up with the Xiker.. thus my conversion.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 03:39 PM 03-22-2012
I have and use both. They are both high quality cutters and IMHO it's more personal preference than anything else. If you do the "score and lift" end cap removal method, the Xikar wins, hands down. If you are going for the straight cut, the Palio seems a little better. JMHO, YMMV, BBQ, Etc....
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:55 PM 03-22-2012
I don't have a Palio, but I have a X8, I like it a lot. Probably wont ever use a Palio unless it's gifted to me, the X8 works great for my needs.
[Reply]
Tbagley 05:42 PM 03-22-2012
pnoon, thanks for the heads up! I'll have to give Ron a call as it seems they may not be in stock. Being gifted is something I've always worked towards but never came easy and have never expected to happen!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up