Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>DX order arrived
Blak Smyth 09:06 AM 12-15-2011
I ordered some cheap lighter and hygrometers to test out from DealExtreme and they showed up last night.
The hygrometers only display celcius unless I just can't figure out how to change them. They appear to be about 5 percent off between the 3 off them with RH. The lighters all seemed to work great. I would recomend any of the lighters so far:

I like these ones because of the large tank:
I like this one the best I think, can't explain why. Maybe because it is different and has a large tank:
The one on the left is my least favorite, it doesn't stand on end and it is double action, you have to press the top open and then the button down. The one on the right is nice, but a small tank and a cheesy safety lock that will be surely lost:
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:15 AM 12-15-2011
I bought one of these at a B&M in Cali for $5 and used it the whole time I was there on one tank of fuel. Worked great, if fact that is the reason I decided to try all these.
This is the only one I wouldn't buy again, the black part is plastic and feels cheap, it works though:
[Reply]
chaase321 09:32 AM 12-15-2011
Nice pickup's Shane. I like the "power" lighters that stand on end. I have a mini version that was gifted to me and it is great. Deal extreme has a ton of these things and even though they are rather cheap (and have to take the slow boat from China to get here) they work well...and what do you lost if they don't, $3.00.

Good work bro
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:38 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by chaase321:
Nice pickup's Shane. I like the "power" lighters that stand on end. I have a mini version that was gifted to me and it is great. Deal extreme has a ton of these things and even though they are rather cheap (and have to take the slow boat from China to get here) they work well...and what do you lost if they don't, $3.00.

Good work bro
I agree, that's why I wanted to try a bunch of different styles figuring half would be garbage. Turn out there is only two I wouldn't recommend highly. And the cutters are cheap but much better than the free ones many cigar shops use for advertising.
[Reply]
J0eybb 10:06 AM 12-15-2011
I bought a pair of the power ones, too. I like them a lot. My wife actually took one of them for her crafting.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:21 AM 12-15-2011
I really like the power ones too, if they had a flat bottom so you dont need to use the easy to lose holders they would be perfect!
[Reply]
Taki 10:25 AM 12-15-2011
Nice pick up brother...I know why you like the purple one best....it matches your SKIRT!! hahaha Seriously though nice buy brother! :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:29 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by Taki:
Nice pick up brother...I know why you like the purple one best....it matches your SKIRT!! hahaha Seriously though nice buy brother! :-)
I guess you have space available in your humi running your mouth like that:-)
[Reply]
Taki 10:44 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
One day...hahaha you've seen it!!! :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 11:08 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by Taki:
One day...hahaha you've seen it!!! :-)
no ZOTL on ZOTL violence!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:06 PM 12-15-2011
How are the cutters?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:44 PM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
How are the cutters?
I didn't use one yet, I can tell they are cheap but not as cheap as those freebee ones you see used as a business card. They are no Palio or Xikar but for the price they seem good enough, just as long as they cut.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:48 PM 12-15-2011
I've got a few of their lighters I bought a couple of years back. Don't think I've had one die on me yet.

Hard to beat for the price :-)

Haven't a clue about the hygrometers - I don't use them. :-)
[Reply]
hdryder 09:26 PM 12-15-2011
I didn't use one yet, I can tell they are cheap but not as cheap as those freebee ones you see used as a business card. They are no Palio or Xikar but for the price they seem good enough, just as long as they cut.
Looks like one i used to have. Like you said cheap but mine worked rather well. Lost it going through airport security leaving the Dominican and I was very disapointed they took it.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 11:01 PM 12-15-2011
I ordered some cheap lighter and hygrometers to test out from DealExtreme and they showed up last night.
The hygrometers only display celcius unless I just can't figure out how to change them. They appear to be about 5 percent off between the 3 off them with RH. The lighters all seemed to work great. I would recomend any of the lighters so far:

I like this one the best I think, can't explain why. Maybe because it is different and has a large tank:----these are great...last time I bought I got 4.

The one on the left is my least favorite, it doesn't stand on end and it is double action, you have to press the top open and then the button down. The one on the right is nice, but a small tank and a cheesy safety lock that will be surely lost:---These worked great for me, I like the cover keeps the nozzle clean from pocket lint and crap. I bought 3 last time.
Don't be buying a cutter any time soon Shane.......just saying I have a a a a message frommmmmm......Santa.:-)

How much were the cutters?...I was thinking of a case to Shilala for the troops if they are cheap enough.
[Reply]
celtic250 12:53 AM 12-16-2011

I like this one the best I think, can't explain why. Maybe because it is different and has a large tank:
The one on the left is my least favorite, it doesn't stand on end and it is double action, you have to press the top open and then the button down. The one on the right is nice, but a small tank and a cheesy safety lock that will be surely lost:
I tried finding the ones that have that stand on the bottom but couldn't find them. What are they called or could you post a link to them? That would be much appreciated!
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 02:50 AM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by celtic250:
I tried finding the ones that have that stand on the bottom but couldn't find them. What are they called or could you post a link to them? That would be much appreciated!
Here is a link to the lighter you are interested in. It doesn't show in the pics...but I've had a few and this is it.

Link
[Reply]
irratebass 04:07 AM 12-16-2011
Nice pick ups Shane, you should send the ones you don't like to the troops or in bombs.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 04:58 AM 12-16-2011
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
Here is a link to the lighter you are interested in. It doesn't show in the pics...but I've had a few and this is it.

Link
:-)

Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
[b][color=SeaGreen]
How much were the cutters?...I was thinking of a case to Shilala for the troops if they are cheap enough.
$2.70
DealExtreme Cutter Link
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:19 AM 12-16-2011
Well it looks like the hygrometers are about 5-6 percent off, I wouldn't recommend them. Too bad because they are very small. I guess I am just gonna sace up for a few good ones, I am tired of doing the math to make sure everything is good in my coolers and humi.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up