Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 270
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
OLS 09:49 AM 04-16-2010
A clod? I am thinking that is it. lemme re-interweb. Hahaha, it WAS
a clod. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_clod

GET THIS>>>It is often served in institutional cafeterias due to its low price and the fact that it is easily mass cooked in dishes such as soups, lasagna, and gruel.

hahahaha
[Reply]
T.G 09:53 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:

GET THIS>>>It is often served in institutional cafeterias due to its low price and the fact that it is easily mass cooked in dishes such as soups, lasagna, and gruel.

hahahaha
Ohhh, beef chuck roast/cut...

Mongo like pulled beef chuck...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...&postcount=388
[Reply]
wayner123 11:16 AM 04-16-2010
I plan to do a butt this weekend. I got some new rub and going to see how it works out. Going to be a little different as the end result is going to be for a latin dish.
[Reply]
OLS 11:45 AM 04-16-2010
I was in a habitat second hand store in Davidson, NC a few weeks ago, and my mother and sister
were trying to get me to find something I wanted to throw in the basket, but I was happy just to
look. Then my eyes landed on a can like a small cookie tin, with some kind of martha stewart-looking
graphics on it, you know, the one odd color and big giant letters etc. NOT martha by the way,
just yuppie-ish. Anyway, it's RUB in the can, and I thought hell, discout spices are always good.
It was sealed, so WTH. In the can were 4 separate bags of sealed up spices. It was neat cause
beyond some of the dusty spices there were chunks of woody matter that must have ended up
being citrus zest or some kind of bark spice. It also had achiote in it, which I never add, but should.
I did my cut up butt with it last weekend and it kicked A$$!! I am going to check out what, if any,
brand name was on it and let you know. Man it was good. I just usually end up mixing whatever
spices I have. That's the kind of cook I am, anyway. Recipes are expensive.:-) I also took my
expectations down a notch today...new grill, I think I am going to just do some "western style
ribs" pork butt slices. Why waste meat on new techno. If it works out, maybe sat I will thaw
some ribs for Sunday.
[Reply]
Gonesledn 12:20 PM 04-16-2010
i put a butt on at 8:00 this morning. gonna take it to a herf tomorrow... hope it dont poison anyone.

[Reply]
OLS 12:21 PM 04-16-2010
You need a smaller grill or more meat, :-):-)

Well, OK with indirect heat, that IS the correct deallie-o
[Reply]
Gonesledn 12:51 PM 04-16-2010
i know, it does look so lonely in the smoker. it was full of ribs yesterday, but i forgot to take pics.
[Reply]
Mr B 12:51 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Gonesledn:
i put a butt on at 8:00 this morning. gonna take it to a herf tomorrow... hope it dont poison anyone.

Very Nice. Great to see some more of actually "Whats in your Smoker" :-)
[Reply]
Gonesledn 01:15 PM 04-16-2010
last weekends brisket, forgot to post the end product. anejo shark ready to go while the brisket rested.

[Reply]
LooseCard 06:14 PM 04-19-2010

hahahaha

Originally Posted by T.G:
Ohhh, beef chuck roast/cut...

Mongo like pulled beef chuck...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...&postcount=388
We braise it and call it Pot Roast, here in New England.
[Reply]
OLS 12:50 PM 04-22-2010
Sorry, brutha, you don't get no pot roast the size of a child's sleeping bag, :-):-):-)
[Reply]
T.G 01:03 PM 04-22-2010
LOL.
[Reply]
eber 05:39 PM 04-22-2010
no good pics, but last weekend I finally fired up the smoker and threw in an 8lb bone in pork butt and a 5lb brisket. Smoked both of them for about 5 hours and then threw them in a 250f oven covered with foil and a bit of apple juice in the pan for another 3 and they were delicious. I had to practice for the june MoB herf at my place :-)
[Reply]
Gonesledn 05:43 PM 04-22-2010
beer can chicken. used a can of Burried Hatchet Stout

used the ring and lid from my fire pit for extra clearance

2 1/2 hours at 350 degrees and done. dam tasty and moist. shocked myself as this is the first time i ever cooked a full chicken in any way.

[Reply]
Mr B 05:47 PM 04-22-2010
Very Nice. Looks Tasty.
[Reply]
T.G 07:38 PM 04-22-2010
Very nice Wes.

Hurm... I haven't done a beer can chicken in a long time - maybe I'll put that on the roster for this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.
[Reply]
OLS 07:35 AM 04-23-2010
Originally Posted by eber:
I finally fired up the smoker and threw in an 8lb bone in pork butt and a 5lb brisket.
Argh, and YAY. I have a 13 lb Brisket I am doing u p this weekend.
Pretty ballsy for a first attempt at brisket ona new cooker to boot. But what are you gonna do?
I just love F'ing with the stuff. I am as sedentary as it gets, and at least if I smoke up a big chunk
of a cow I will get up and down the stairs and work in the yard and clean the house, etc.
-----
By the way, the beer can is really a gimmick. If you enjoyed the chicken, you will really enjoy just
cooking whole chickens on the pit on a regular basis. Not that you should STOP doing it with a
can up it's...cavity, but you get nearly the same result without the can.
[Reply]
T.G 08:57 AM 04-23-2010
-----
By the way, the beer can is really a gimmick. If you enjoyed the chicken, you will really enjoy just
cooking whole chickens on the pit on a regular basis. Not that you should STOP doing it with a
can up it's...cavity, but you get nearly the same result without the can.
I agree with you to some extent on the gimmick part of it, but as you said, it's "nearly the same same result without the can" .

There are some differences in the cooking & fat run-off when you lay the chicken down versus when it's vertical. But, yeah, the type of beer used, doesn't really make much difference.

I pack my beer cans with lots of chopped garlic and Dave's Insanity Sauce so you get some minor flavor infusion from the steam, plus the smell off the pit with the garlic, smoke and cooking meat is wonderful.

So, is it gimmicky, yup a bit. But it's fun, and it's a great presentation for a crowd, even a small one. That alone can make it worth doing. :-)
[Reply]
Mr B 09:46 AM 04-23-2010
Got 3 nice slabs of Babybacks for the smoker tomorrow, during our Garage Sale. I will "try" to remember to take pics. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:56 AM 04-23-2010
Selling or giving away ribs at your garage sale Brent?
[Reply]
Page 23 of 270
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
Up