Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>I have finally found a vodka I like.
croatan 02:50 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna:
There is nothing other than Grey Goose, all others are wannabees
If a bar doesn't have any good vodkas, you can always count on it to have a bottle of Grey Goose. It's just fine with soda and makes a potable martini, but it's barely above house vodka with a premium price tag, in my opinion.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 05:17 AM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by croatan:
If a bar doesn't have any good vodkas, you can always count on it to have a bottle of Grey Goose. It's just fine with soda and makes a potable martini, but it's barely above house vodka with a premium price tag, in my opinion.
By good vodkas I assume you are referring to Smirnoff, Five O'Clock, and Arrow?
[Reply]
Langod 07:42 AM 12-16-2008
I tend to drink Vodka straight on the rocks. That requires a very clean tasting vodka. My favorite in that regard is Belvedere. Many of the others -- even the esteemed Grey Goose -- have an unpleasant harshness and aftertaste.
Hanger One is OK too, as is Chopin. Ketel One is a good vodka, but is better for mixing.

Yeah, just my opinion. Drink what you like.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:44 AM 12-16-2008
how about Wybrovka?
[Reply]
Mister Moo 08:18 AM 12-16-2008
As everyone already knows, an honest mootini is made exclusively with gin. When vodka is called into service I favor Russian Standard and Luksusowa, iced hard with lemon twist accent and lemon-rubbed rim. Vodka however is best gulped cold, russian style.

I will try this $11.00 miracle. Might be better than Yerba Mate, Mith'. Thx.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 08:21 AM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am not a big fan of vodka.

Liar! Liar!
[Reply]
MithShrike 10:13 AM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
I will try this $11.00 miracle. Might be better than Yerba Mate, Mith'. Thx.
Hard to beat the mate but it might:

:-)
[Reply]
Screwbag 05:42 PM 12-16-2008
sounds like we have similar tastes...I'll hafta try this!
[Reply]
Agent11br 09:16 PM 12-30-2008
I can't believe no one mentioned Three Olives...I love the stuff
[Reply]
karmaz00 02:16 PM 12-31-2008
have you had pravada..its pretty good
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 02:54 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Agent11br:
I can't believe no one mentioned Three Olives...I love the stuff

This stuff isn't bad. I keep it on hand for tasty vodka tonics and screwdrivers.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 03:01 PM 12-31-2008
No one has mentioned Rain.

nummy, nummy.... http://www.rainvodka.com/Rain.htm especially for a Midwest boy.... gotta love a Midwest corn vodka!
[Reply]
nozero 03:38 PM 12-31-2008
I was drinking that stuff for several weeks because it was so inexpensive and I liked the taste as well. But, I swear it kills more brain cells than most other vodkas I drink. Or maybe I was just hitting it harder than I did the others?

[Reply]
kiwi michelle 07:46 PM 12-31-2008
Originally Posted by Langod:
I tend to drink Vodka straight on the rocks. That requires a very clean tasting vodka. My favorite in that regard is Belvedere. Many of the others -- even the esteemed Grey Goose -- have an unpleasant harshness and aftertaste.
Hanger One is OK too, as is Chopin. Ketel One is a good vodka, but is better for mixing.

Yeah, just my opinion. Drink what you like.

I am the agent for Vertical Vodka made by chartreuse from France. It is one of the few vodkas that is four times distilled. Worth a try if you can get it.
[Reply]
beamish 04:25 PM 01-01-2009
ever tried tito's handmade we had a bottle last night nice stuff.made in austin texas distilled 6 times
[Reply]
Starscream 05:28 PM 01-01-2009
Good vodka = Aristokrat

[Reply]
AzonCigars 09:48 PM 01-06-2009
We have a "local" Vodka, its good, I wouldn't say great though. Its an interesting story...

www.v1vodka.com
:-):-)
[Reply]
totallytentative 10:19 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
how about Wybrovka?
Wyborowa? I like that one, along with the Luksusowa (what I have now). I'm not a vodka connoiseur by any means, but all I know is that these taste good to me, don't cost too much, and that Smirnoff is like gasoline. I've had Ketel One and prefer the Luksusowa.

They don't seem to sell this Sobieski here in BC, but I'll have to try out some of the other brands mentioned here...
[Reply]
Ken 09:58 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
No one has mentioned Rain.
I about put a bottle away in one sitting. I liked it! Pretty easy to drink and not too costly. :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 05:49 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by Ken:
I about put a bottle away in one sitting. I liked it! Pretty easy to drink and not too costly. :-)

It's clean too.... no hangover or ill side effects... even after a bottle!

I did the same with a bottle not too long ago. tore into it and before I knew it it was gone!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 34 > Last »
Up