Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Homebrew Kegerator & Tap Handles
BeerAdvocate 07:22 AM 03-04-2010
I thought I would post some pics of my tap handles that I made for my homebrew kegerator.
I try to always have an IPA/Hoppy beer and a Stout/dark beer on tap at all times. So I took some used WhiteLabs yeast vials and put Whole leaf hops in one and Black Patent Malt in the other. I think they turned out pretty good.
Here is also a pic of my kegerator that I built. It was an easy build and looks nice enough that the wife even lets me keep it in the kitchen.
Attached: Taphandle.jpg (11.7 KB) Kegaerator.jpg (9.0 KB) 
[Reply]
jmsremax 07:25 AM 03-04-2010
I like it a lot but how long before the hops start to go bad?
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 07:33 AM 03-04-2010
They have been in there for two months and still look fresh.
I have several ounces of whole hops, so if they start to discolor and look bad, I will just replace them.
[Reply]
skibumdc 08:30 AM 03-04-2010
Those are a great idea.
How did you come up with that?
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 09:49 AM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by skibumdc:
Those are a great idea.
How did you come up with that?

You can buy threaded inserts from the hardware store and put them in almost anything to turn into a tap handle.
I wanted some cool tap handles but didnt want to spend the money buying some expensive ones.
I have a drawer full of empty yeast vials and just started thinking what I could do with them.
[Reply]
Razorhog 10:03 AM 03-04-2010
Those look awesome! Well done.
[Reply]
homerjay19 02:05 PM 03-04-2010
That is a great handle idea, very nicely done!
[Reply]
Mikes 05:22 PM 03-06-2010
Thinking about doing this over at my home brew keg-o-rator location. Showed my friend and he was like, whoa...why didn't I think of that lol

Great idea thank you for the photo and great idea
[Reply]
Up