Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Super Bowl?
Parshooter 06:39 AM 01-25-2010
This one I can miss. Sht-stain vs The Forehead. Two teams, that if you don't live in Indy or NO, you don't give a crap about. No interesting story lines like if the Jets or Vikes made it. At least there will be golf on :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:54 AM 01-25-2010
I totally disagree. I think it will be a fun and exciting Super Bowl with 2 high-powered offenses. The Jets making it would be boring to watch with their run, run, run, and run offense.

Go Colts!
[Reply]
macpappy 06:55 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
This one I can miss. Sht-stain vs The Forehead. Two teams, that if you don't live in Indy or NO, you don't give a crap about. No interesting story lines like if the Jets or Vikes made it. At least there will be golf on :-)
Well just go sit in a dark corner and not watch.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:03 AM 01-25-2010
Should be a great game if the Saints bring their officiating crew. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 07:06 AM 01-25-2010
How about the fact that the Saints have never been to the big dance before? Or the fact that the city of N.O. could really use this kind of boost in moral?

I like this matchup and look forward to the game! :-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:25 AM 01-25-2010
Well Marc, a bit bitter are we, :-):-)

BTW, golf is not a sport. Why it gets televised beats me. It's an activity, much like tiddlywinks. Do they take skill, sure, both of them do. Sports? Not so much:-)
[Reply]
Lensjockie 07:30 AM 01-25-2010
No interest in watching either of these teeams play.
Guess i can always smoke a cigar.
[Reply]
Tombstone 07:52 AM 01-25-2010
It should be a good game.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:06 AM 01-25-2010
I'm watching it. The Pro Bowl will not have any viewers, but the Superbowl this year should be pretty good.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:08 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I'm watching it. The Pro Bowl will not have any viewers, but the Superbowl this year should be pretty good.:-)
I absolutely cannot stand the pro bowl. It is so boring.
[Reply]
marge796 08:25 AM 01-25-2010
It's going to be a great Super Bowl! Congratulations to both teams for making it to the big game.

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Wanger 08:35 AM 01-25-2010
Not a compelling story to me in the SB. How much longer are we going to be beaten about the head with the Katrina thing and the Aints? I have no doubt that Manning will carve apart their D. He fileted the no. 1 D in the game this weekend. The Saints were in the bottom third of the league.

And yes, I am a Vikings fan, so I'm not in a good mood to start with this morning. Then again, as a Vikings fan, I should be used to this heartbreak. I was at the game against the Falcons in '98. I think this might hurt worse. Big mistakes and coaching blunders are expected in big games for the Purple. This was no exception to that.
[Reply]
srduggins 11:09 AM 01-25-2010
Not a Vikings fan, but the refs screwed them in that game.

Not really a fan of either team in the SB, but the most obnoxious sports fan I know likes the Colts, so I will be rooting for the Saints just to shut him up. Given that virtually every team I rooted for in these playoffs (except the teams playing the Cowboys and Cards) ended up losing, you should put big money on the Colts.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:14 AM 01-25-2010
Super Bowl?

[Reply]
macpappy 01:01 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
Super Bowl?

Call Joe Montana or Steve Young. They can explain it to you.
[Reply]
yourchoice 01:23 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by srduggins:
...the most obnoxious sports fan I know likes the Colts, so I will be rooting for the Saints just to shut him up.
I know a few Cowboys, Yankees and Mets fans I should introduce you to and see where he ranks with them! :-)

I will be pulling for the Colts. I really like Manning and don't like the Saints at all. My guess is the "son vs. city" story will be the overblown story of the Super Bowl this year.
[Reply]
ScottieM 01:42 PM 01-25-2010
The Saints really couldn't stop the Vikings and I don't think they will stop the Colts either. The difference is that Manning and company won't turn the football over like Minnesota did.

Colts will win and win in a BIG way.
[Reply]
RazzBarlow 04:30 PM 01-25-2010
Nope, no interesting story lines at all.

Saints never been to the Super Bowl before.

Son of arguably greatest Saint QB playing QB for the Colts.

Drew Brees living on same street as Archie Manning.

Nope, no interesting story lines there at all:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 05:08 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow:
Nope, no interesting story lines at all.

Saints never been to the Super Bowl before.

Son of arguably greatest Saint QB playing QB for the Colts.

Drew Brees living on same street as Archie Manning.

Nope, no interesting story lines there at all:-)
Not to mention Jonathan Vilma, who the Jets said was too old to play football.

How about Vilma & Garcon. Two players with Haitian family ties playing in the Super Bowl in Miami (where many Haitian's have landed from small boats without the consent of the US government.) Maybe they will both donate the extra money from playing in the Super Bowl to Haitian Relief.
[Reply]
RazzBarlow 06:47 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Not to mention Jonathan Vilma, who the Jets said was too old to play football.

How about Vilma & Garcon. Two players with Haitian family ties playing in the Super Bowl in Miami (where many Haitian's have landed from small boats without the consent of the US government.) Maybe they will both donate the extra money from playing in the Super Bowl to Haitian Relief.
Point taken. I'd forgotten about Vilma and Garcon. Yeah, I think I won't even bother watching the Super Bowl this year!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up