Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
All Cigar Discussion>Moncada cigars?
mjcujo 05:23 PM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Posted approximately 1 year ago.

No offense, mjcujo, just a fact.
You'll have to work harder than that to offend me.:-)

I saw that the thread was started almost ten years ago, but the most recent post was last March, so figured, "what the hey?"
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:01 PM 12-31-2018
Funny...I just googled Moncada cigars and there are like five different cigar forums that start out with the same exact line:

"Made in Roatan Honduras. My wife just got back today from a cruise and bought me some of these. Some woman was rolling these and she ..."

Hmmm, interesting indeed. :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
retired 02:41 PM 02-07-2020
after perusing the forums here, I just had to chime in..ya ya 10 year old thread.
Here is "Tony's" dad rolling stogies in Roatan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AND8ZtA7kghttp://

I will be there early March 2020 and will try to finally end the madness of this thread.
bash away !!! I can take it
[Reply]
icehog3 10:07 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by retired:
after perusing the forums here, I just had to chime in..ya ya 10 year old thread.
Here is "Tony's" dad rolling stogies in Roatan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AND8ZtA7kghttp://

I will be there early March 2020 and will try to finally end the madness of this thread.
bash away !!! I can take it
Post pictures in March and we'll let you slide. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:26 AM 02-08-2020
I thought I ended the madness back in 2017. I had photos, but they're not showing up anymore:

"I have purchased from this dude every time I've cruised through Roatan. $15/5 Robustos, unbanded. I've talked him down to $12/5, but if his female assistant? daughter? wife? is there she doesn't like to negotiate.

I still have two from my last stop there in Dec. 2016. They're pretty tasty and worth picking up, whether it's $15/5 or $20/7."
[Reply]
retired 09:47 AM 02-08-2020
Post pictures in March and we'll let you slide. :-) :-)
Deal!! I will return mid April with pics and try to upload a few while there.
There is The Roatan Rum Factory there which sells infused cigars (with their rum) of course that I will also visit.
https://roatan.online/roatan-rum-company
:-)
[Reply]
Pendejo de Puros 04:15 PM 03-15-2020
I just returned from an NCL cruise and was in Roatan for the second time.

I purchased my second round of 7-ish x 48-ish torpedoes. They hold together, burn even and have a nice mild demeanor and easy taste. I gave 25 bucks for 7 cigars.

I don't get some of the comments that are analyzing this guy and his cigars as if he must be compared to the major tabacaleras, or as if it is important that we know how to rate his stogies.

Roatan is a poor place. The cruise ships are stopped for 30 days so the people have lost the main source of income. Furthermore, they are not allowed to hunt iguanas or fish for the next 30 days to prevent animal depletion as everyone tries to make a living selling food to the restaurants.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Aldeberto. He sells his cigars to tourists to provide for his family. God help him and his countrymen for the next 30 days.

Me? I always by the local stuff. Not as a way to be a smart guy and insinuate that I really found diamonds in the rough/secrets/special finds that few have experienced. I buy them to commemorate the moment, the times, the people and the day.

To me, that is what every cigar is.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:11 PM 03-15-2020
I don't get how so many people have made their first (and sometimes only) post validating Moncada cigars. So many people sign up to the site just to tell us about them.

My butt itches.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 08:17 AM 03-16-2020
I don't get how so many people have made their first (and sometimes only) post validating Moncada cigars. So many people sign up to the site just to tell us about them.

My butt itches.
It’s all my fault! I shoulda never started this thread. But, Mom (RIP) really did bring those cigars back for me.

Just goes to show, you don’t ever know...
[Reply]
icehog3 09:51 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
It’s all my fault! I shoulda never started this thread. But, Mom (RIP) really did bring those cigars back for me.

Just goes to show, you don’t ever know...
All is forgiven, Bob! :-)
[Reply]
retired 04:03 PM 03-17-2020
Thanks to Pendejo de Puros for his update. I myself just got back home early this morning. The borders have been shut down by Presidential order and my family was lucky enough to have gotten out. I feel badly for my friends in Roatan as this will surely hurt their Island very hard.
Even with my friends contacts, we were not allowed into the cruise line areas from the "other side" without a pass. Captive sales audience with a huge chunk of money from items sold by vendors going back to the cruise line for the "privilege" of being able to sell in the area. Fine folks of Cigar Asylum... I failed in my mission to provide the intel. Kudos to Pendejo de Puros for getting in the legal way and successfully accomplishing what I could not. My apologies to all. On another note.. The Roatan Cigar company in operation at several locations thru the Island which are accessible to everyone gets a down vote from me for a: badmouthing most other stores and tobacaleras
B; not having a superior product which would exemplify his excellence over the aforementioned stores. I tried his "Don Victor" cigar line and ....would not recommend as a large take home purchase. Very pricey in relation to quality of tobacco/rolling. For the same prices there, you can get many real "name brand" cigars from Frank's Cigar Bar in West End. Most popular brand there is Leaf by Oscar in Maduro, Corojo and Connecticut. Very well made all 3 and satisfying to the most discerning palates. Nite life in the area is interesting as well. Certain ladies are very entertaining as the evening progresses.
You may bash if needed, lol:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:25 PM 03-17-2020
JTFC, would this just die. Moncado cigars exists, the dude makes tasty handrolled cigars, if you're in Roatan you can easily buy his cigars at a decent price. What more mystery exists? This is like someone starting a thread asking "Does Island Smoke Shop exist? Has anyone been to their website or Key West and purchased a cigar?"...and the discussion going on for eleven years.

ETA: wife and I been tending to a sick dog for six hours, apologize for any "dickishness".
[Reply]
icehog3 01:04 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
JTFC, would this just die. Moncado cigars exists, the dude makes tasty handrolled cigars, if you're in Roatan you can easily buy his cigars at a decent price. What more mystery exists? This is like someone starting a thread asking "Does Island Smoke Shop exist? Has anyone been to their website or Key West and purchased a cigar?"...and the discussion going on for eleven years.

ETA: wife and I been tending to a sick dog for six hours, apologize for any "dickishness".
James, hope the pup is better.

Moncado cigars existing and being available in Roatan is not a mystery, I understand it's a fact.

What is a mystery is how at least 13 "new" members came here specifically to applaud Moncado cigars with their first post, and most never posted anywhere else on the board. I would hypothesize that someone is shilling, or recruiting people to shill. JMHO.
[Reply]
markem 03:53 PM 03-18-2020
What is a mystery is how at least 13 "new" members came here specifically to applaud Moncado cigars with their first post, and most never posted anywhere else on the board. I would hypothesize that someone is shilling, or recruiting people to shill. JMHO.
Don't blame me ... yet.
[Reply]
retired 12:06 PM 03-20-2020
I hope I am not included in icehog3's post as "shilling' because I have never met the man or had one of his hand made cigars. Also, it is not "easy" to buy a cigar from him UNLESS you are coming in from the port side. I tried, I failed. I wish that I could have gotten the chance to try one.
Am I allowed to slide on this?
[Reply]
icehog3 03:51 PM 03-20-2020
I hope I am not included in icehog3's post as "shilling' because I have never met the man or had one of his hand made cigars. Also, it is not "easy" to buy a cigar from him UNLESS you are coming in from the port side. I tried, I failed. I wish that I could have gotten the chance to try one.
Am I allowed to slide on this?
retired, you are more than good. Especially since I love your handle. :-) :-)
[Reply]
retired 05:15 PM 03-21-2020
Thanks icehog3, I'm happy to be a part of this forum.
Just wish I could afford some of the great cigars I have seen here in reviews.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:24 PM 03-21-2020
Thanks icehog3, I'm happy to be a part of this forum.
Just wish I could afford some of the great cigars I have seen here in reviews.
Thought about joining in the Newbie Sampler Trade (NST)? Good way to try some new cigars.
[Reply]
Weelok 08:19 PM 03-21-2020
Does Island Smoke Shop exist? The cigars any good?
[Reply]
Weelok 08:21 PM 03-21-2020
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up